PDA

View Full Version : I'm off to China !

Chen
04-24-2002, 12:51 AM
Just planning a trip to china in october, and most likely will be flying to bejing.

Does anyone have any advice regarding places to see, martial or tourist.

what about shaolin temples, has anyone actually been, what do you think of it? is it easy to get to from bejing?

any help at this stage would be useful,

chen:)

scotty1
04-24-2002, 02:24 AM
Dude you have to post here when you get back, I'm going at the end of the year. I have been planning a trip to Asia for ****ing ages!! It just keeps getting pushed back and back, but it's still happening.

Good on you. Er, with regard to your questions, I'm completly useless man. :)

Kristoffer
04-24-2002, 02:50 AM
COOOL!!! I'm going to Beijing in about 2 months from now.. I'm really excited about it

lazybones
04-24-2002, 03:54 AM
The Shaolin Temple is pretty far from Beijing actually. I think its about a 16 hour train ride to a town called DengFeng. From there its about a 1.5-2 hour bus ride to the Temple. When I went, it was in the middle of winter and the place was absolutely dead, there were no performances or anything. Still, was glad to go since I finally got to see the Shaolin Temple. I read in the guide book that it can get busy in more hospitable seasons though. Have a good time,

sean_stonehart
04-24-2002, 04:50 AM
The train ride isn't that far. For me it was an over night train from Beijing To Zhengzhou & then about an 1.5 hour bus ride to Shaolin village going thru DengFeng. Or you could always fly to Zhengzhou from Beijing in about an hour or so.

Chen... in Beijing, go to Tian Tan Park (Temple of Heaven) & Jing Shan (Coal Mountain) Park. Those are good places to find martial arts (Taiji & Bagua that I saw, along with lots of Qigong) being practiced. Jing Shan is just north of the Forbidden City & Tian Tan is south of Tiena'men Square. Those were two places I went & was happy with seeing. Also, the Great Wall at Badaling is about an 1 -1.5 north of there, along with the Ming Tombs being south of it. Then the whole Forbidden City/Summer Palace tour area.

Also, you've got to get to Quan Ju De Roast Duck Restaurant for dinner one night, obviously for duck. It's south of Tiena'men Square at the corner of Qianmen & Dongxinglong

jun_erh
04-24-2002, 12:03 PM
Say Hi to the Miao girls for me. They're the ones with horns and yards of ancestral hair piled on top of their head.

jun_erh
04-24-2002, 12:18 PM
http://www.peopleteams.org/miao/images/LHM.jpg

[Censored]
04-24-2002, 02:41 PM
Shaolin? Watch out for the old guy giving massages! You don't want one, trust me! :eek:

Mojo
04-24-2002, 02:58 PM
I got to get me some of that Miao pu$$y !

:D :D

Kristoffer
04-25-2002, 04:43 AM
wtf was that? :eek:

Mojo
04-25-2002, 07:25 AM
Dude, it's a play on words. miao = meow , pu$$y = cat

Here's a quarter, go buy a sense of humor.

Kristoffer
04-25-2002, 09:17 AM
Dude, it's a play on words. miao = meow , pu$$y = cat

*sigh* yeah I understood THAT much.. jeez.. :rolleyes:
My 'wtf' was a humorous response to this pic:
http://www.peopleteams.org/miao/images/LHM.jpg

Here's a quarter, go buy some IQ :p