PDA

View Full Version : Like Jackie Chan? Try watching this.

Chang Style Novice
04-24-2002, 07:27 AM
http://www.talentbrut.com/artiste/images/upload_oeuvre/1262_1.rm

dezhen2001
04-24-2002, 07:34 AM
wow - that's amazing! :eek: real skill, just hope he don't muck up any time soon tho... :)

david

red5angel
04-24-2002, 07:38 AM
Chang Style, who is that? Very cool. I can do that stuff, I just dont want to. ;)

Chang Style Novice
04-24-2002, 07:47 AM
According to the guy who gave me the link his name is David Belle, and he is a practitioner of "Le Parkour" whatever that is.

You now know as much as I do.

dwid
04-24-2002, 08:38 AM
There's a whole group of these guys in Paris, I think, who are basically like street acrobats that run around using whatever's available in the environment to do this kind of thing. It's really cool to watch.

Here is a link to an article about the art:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/entertainment/tv_and_radio/newsid_1939000/1939867.stm

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-24-2002, 08:42 AM
this is why i wont go see spider man.

norther practitioner
04-24-2002, 09:15 AM
Wow that was pretty sick. Blows our freestyle walking of the early 90s out of the window. I was really impressed by the control, and that spin move off the wall.

PHILBERT
04-24-2002, 10:51 AM
I wonder how many bones he has broken doing this stuff and making a mistake.

DelicateSound
04-24-2002, 12:24 PM
I saw an hour documentary on them on C4 one night. I literally went out into my garden at 4am and started bouncing around.

This kind of thing is so exciting, it makes me kick my mom in the head.

Anyone else know how to improve your ability at this kind of ****?
It kicks butt.

red5angel
04-24-2002, 12:34 PM
Anyone have any idea if there are any english sites fo rthis Le Parkour?

Justa Man
04-24-2002, 12:42 PM
that was amazing. it's nice to see that jackie isn't the only one with skills enough to bust that type of sh!t out.

This kind of thing is so exciting, it makes me kick my mom in the head.

LMAO!

DelicateSound
04-24-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by red5angel
Anyone have any idea if there are any english sites for this Le Parkour?

No, but as I can speak French [smug grin] I'm OK! :D :D :D

I'll see what I can find for you. :)

red5angel
04-24-2002, 01:00 PM
Delicate - YOU THE MAN!!!!!!:cool: If I send you a site link would you email them and find out if they have any english speakers willing to talk to a filthy english speaking american?!

DelicateSound
04-24-2002, 01:09 PM
If you can find a forum for this stuff I will post on it asking if there is any English speaking info.

BTW: You really interested in this too then? I just tried some in my living room and demolished my dry wall. Sad thing is - that isn't a joke. :(

red5angel
04-24-2002, 01:18 PM
ROFLMAO!!!!! It looks awesome!!!! My wife is always yelling at me about climbing allover things and jumping on stuff. This way I will have an excuse!!!! I am looking for trianing regimens etc... It looks like they have how to do tricks etc but I dont read french!!!!

Here is a good link: http://membres.lycos.fr/parkourll/index2.php

DelicateSound
04-24-2002, 01:37 PM
I'm sending them an e-mail at ther contact address. I'll post an "FAO red5angel and other jumpy guys" thread when I get a reply! :D

BTW: Tell the woman to mind her own business! Do you complain when she does her business of cleaning and cooking? :D

red5angel
04-24-2002, 01:44 PM
DS - again, YOUR THE MAN!!!! Seriously, who said you cant love a canadian!?
My wife however would kill me about 400 hundred ways before the last word left my mouth!!!!

DelicateSound
04-24-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by red5angel
canadian!?

Aw man - is this a p!sstake red5?? I'm a true Brit, born and bred.

What kind of insult is this?!!!! A Canuck!???? Associating me with CANADIANS!

I might as well just kill myself!!! And I'm doing you a favour here!!!

:D

My wife however would kill me about 400 hundred ways before the last word left my mouth!!!!

LOL! "Fair and gentle ladies"? not the ones I date!! You ever met any?

red5angel
04-24-2002, 01:59 PM
Doh Sorry DS! I wasnt lookin, thats alright then, my moms a Brit, My Pas a Scott!

My wife can be as gentle as a flower, unfortunately I often see the thorns on that rose!!!!! :p

DelicateSound
04-24-2002, 02:07 PM
It's OK. 100% English over here! And proud. After all, to endure this sh!t climate......

All women appear to be rosy at first in my experience, only when they've roped you in do they reveal the inner demon lurking within. And then its too late :D

I can't help but imagine that Britney went home every night and beat Justin to a pulp. Maybe I just want to imagine that?

red5angel
04-24-2002, 02:14 PM
:) You wanna talk weather, the canadians send all their cold here to minnesota! Thats what I get for living in a state settled by Swedes!

Speakin of Britney, I wouldnt mind going a round or two with the Spice Girls!

red5angel
04-24-2002, 02:24 PM
I am pumped, it looks like a riot!!!! I am eyeballing everything in my work place to see if I think I could get some good air off it!

Sharky
04-24-2002, 04:17 PM
note: if you try this, you will probably die.

IronFist
04-24-2002, 04:42 PM
If they wore ninja costumes it'd be cool, too :)

IronFist

Sharky
04-24-2002, 04:49 PM
note: that should be " if you try this, you will probably die as a direct result of it "

Sum Sing Wong
04-24-2002, 07:09 PM
If they wore ninja costumes it would be much cooler!

After I saw this and had a few cokes, I was pumped up and crouched on the corner of my couch, and then leaped in one single motion over to a leather chair that was about...get this...four feet from the couch. Then I was like...WOO HOO, and then sat down and felt my heart beat from too much caffine.

Justa Man
04-25-2002, 12:10 AM
ninja costumes would be great. if they just even knew martial arts that would be sick too. like this guy just ran from my counter to the top of my fridge to my door frame to a stomp on the top of my head in under 2 seconds. i would break north like bluejays feeling spring winds!

how do i save this onto my computer?

Kristoffer
04-25-2002, 05:06 AM
fecking awsome!! :D I'm all in adrenaline just by watching it.. How the hell do u do that? :confused: seriously..? Do they sit and watch J Chan movies and go "hey, I could do that". or what?
I can read most of that site, but my french isn't as good as for a year ago so.. well it says about some of the team-mates do practise "martial arts".
This is fecking cool!!

Kristoffer
04-25-2002, 05:34 AM
reminds me of how I was as a child actually.. no ****

red5angel
04-25-2002, 05:58 AM
Hey Kristoffer - The guy who is in the film Mr. Belle, says he has been doing it since he was a kid. He says he started climbing trees and such and it just went from there.

Sharky - No worries man, you wont catch me leaping from rooftop to rooftop anytime soon.......

Kristoffer
04-25-2002, 06:06 AM
I always climbed stuff.. But I stoped climbing trees when I was 13 or so. Anyway, Red5angel:
u find any more videos like that? And yeah, I can't watch it after I downloaded it. It says it aint playable or someting. :mad:

RENEGADE_MONK
04-25-2002, 06:32 AM
They outta send those guys after the Taliban!!:D

red5angel
04-25-2002, 06:39 AM
Here is probably the best link I have been able to find. I dont read a word of french, hell I can barely prounounce France!

http://membres.lycos.fr/parkourll/index2.php

shaolinboxer
04-25-2002, 06:42 AM
Brilliant!!!

red5angel
04-25-2002, 06:54 AM
The 'Slomo' video is pretty good as well.

DS - I went home last night and my wife kept asking what got in to me! We went for a walk and I was climbing trees and jumping on walls and fences and fire hydrants! I was flippin out!

Kristoffer
04-25-2002, 07:43 AM
lol

I gotta study for a test but I'll be going out later or tomorrow and jump the **** out :D

what slomo video? post the link

norther practitioner
04-25-2002, 07:49 AM
I was climbing trees and jumping on walls and fences and fire hydrants! I was flippin out!

LOL!!!!!

wow, thats funny. I was driving to class last night, went by a park with some kids climbing a tree, and on this sculpture....I was thinking it would be fun to stop and jump around with them a bit, then I remembered, I'd prob. fall and break my knee.

red5angel
04-25-2002, 07:58 AM
Kristoffer - if you go to the video link on that web site I gave you, it is the second video down.

NP - sad isnt what happens aswe start to get older, we start thinking about our mortality and it takes all the fun out of it. I made a pact with myself yesterday to stop worrying about it so much though, you only live once!

red5angel
04-25-2002, 08:09 AM
In case some of you guys are like me, and cant read french, this site looks to be mostly english. I havent checked it out yet but it looks cool so far....

http://www.style2ouf.com/

Kristoffer
04-25-2002, 09:07 AM
I only got a big fat ERROR whenb trying to watch them movies from that last site. Nice intro though

red5angel
04-25-2002, 09:51 AM
Kristoffer - Which site? this one - http://www.style2ouf.com/ ? It is mostly break dancing and stuff but they have a little of the Parkour, and some capoeria.

Sum Sing Wong
04-25-2002, 10:51 AM
For those who have trouble watching, you may need realplayer to watch the clips.

Update on my training:

I have progressed I went from my couch to the hall way then I steped on a rug and it slipped and I hit my heard really hard. Now I'm just laying here listing to my head throrb and heart beat...I gotta lay of the Caffeine.

red5angel
04-25-2002, 10:56 AM
Sum Sing Wong - LOL! I was walking down the steps in my building and got the urge. I grabbed the railing and flipped over the side, I stuck it but forgot I was wearing business shoes! Ouch!!!!!!!!!

Kristoffer
04-25-2002, 11:20 AM
Red - I meant the brakdancing site. Wouldn't play.

Sum Sing Wong -
I swear to god I'll probebly be dead within 3 weeks. :D .. ehh.. I mean :(

red5angel
04-25-2002, 11:38 AM
Kristoffer - I have a short video from Pisteur that shows some of the basics, small stuff but a beginning anyway, if you are interested just pm with an address I can send it to......

DelicateSound
04-25-2002, 12:13 PM
Just got an e-mail from Ombre [shadow] the administrator [and practitioner] at the Official La Parkour site :D

He says that his site will become bilingual:) but it may take time. That news alone had made me literally flip out and jump like crazy :D :D :D

More than that though, his English is almost perfect, and says he'll answer questions. Out of politeness I'll write in French, so if anyone here had any IMPORTANT questions, I'll e-mail him. Please though, nothing stoopid - my French takes time OK! :D

BTW: I've been practising at my local park, just flipping railings and steps and sh!t. Nothing big, but I'm on my way. We should make an Anglo-American Alliance where we can keep each other up to speed on our progress, no? :D

Man, this stuff RULES :) :p

red5angel
04-25-2002, 12:37 PM
DS - I am in my English friend! Rock on! I think some of my questions can be answered here, mostly how to start out trying flips etc... but I want to know if they sort of have some good descriptions on their techniques or if they have any good advice on getting started.
Alot of it of course seems pretty obvious but like us martial artist, they may have some odd insight that might help get me jumping rooftops in no time!
Did Ombre mention when he thinks it will be going bi-lingual?

DelicateSound
04-26-2002, 10:55 AM
I'll ask him for any tips on getting started then :) and will post them here OK?! :D Sweet.

As for the bilinguality of it all, there was no specific date, but imagine how long it'd take you to translate a website into French!!!

He said he'd e-mail me when it was up, so hopefully not long now....

red5angel
04-26-2002, 11:49 AM
Kewl DS keep me updated!
Last night I went out to the local park and started jmpin and climbing!!!!! It rocked!

Kristoffer
04-27-2002, 02:15 AM
I've tried to jump down a really tall bridge. Like, 3-4 m high. But I chickened out, I dunno how they do it without thinking.....?
My climbing is however much better :D

cwheelie
04-29-2002, 11:01 AM
Good idea on the alliance with these guys - HOWEVER you should suggest a "Franco-American Alliance" (since they're french) not an Anglo-American (anglo = english. that 'd **** 'em off!)

DelicateSound
04-29-2002, 11:07 AM
They're French! Just cause I speak to them doesn't mean I hae to like them!

Later on Delicate steps outside of his house, and a small dark-haired Frenchman leaps from his roof, slides the drainpipe, flips the car and pins him to the floor with a cry of Viva La France! as he knifes his to death.

:) I'll think about it! :D

DelicateSound
04-29-2002, 11:07 AM
They're French! Just cause I speak to them doesn't mean I have to like them!

Later on Delicate steps outside of his house, and a small dark-haired Frenchman leaps from his roof, slides the drainpipe, flips the car and pins him to the floor with a cry of Viva La France! as he knifes his to death.

:) I'll think about it! :D

cwheelie
04-29-2002, 11:17 AM
heck - they're French - nobody likes 'em!