PDA

View Full Version : David Peterson/Wong Shun Leung

SecretAgentMan
04-24-2002, 07:37 AM
For those that are interested, I have an interview with David Peterson set up on an autoresponder. All you have to do is send a message to:

davidpeterson@martialdirect.com

and it will send you the interview.

For those not familiar with Mr. Peterson, he was a student of the late great Wong Shun Leung. Mr. Peterson has also written many articles on Wing Chun and a book about his sifu.

Wong Shun Leung was known for his fighting prowess and for being a major influence on the early training of Bruce Lee.

But I'm sure most of you already knew all this.:)

I hope you find it informative.

www.MartialDirect.com
"martial arts directory,
interviews, articles and more"

red5angel
04-24-2002, 08:22 AM
"I guess that having learned from my teacher
in his native language of Chinese has made a great deal
of difference to my level of understanding compared
with some of my foreign peers"

He says this in the interview and I am not sure I understand what this has to do with a better understanding of the art then his peers?

S.Teebas
04-24-2002, 09:55 PM
Just post the interview here, im sure many people here would be interested in reading it.

Frank Exchange
04-25-2002, 02:48 AM
>> He says this in the interview and I am not sure I understand what this has to do with a better understanding of the art then his peers? <<

He means his non-Cantonese speaking peers.

WSL did not speak fantastic English, and would naturally find it easier to explain ideas to a student in his native language.

red5angel
04-25-2002, 06:01 AM
FE - thanks for pointing that out. It sounded like because he spoke Chinese this gave him a deeper understanding of the actual art not that it was just a translation issue.