PDA

View Full Version : Wind Fire Wheels

johnv
04-24-2002, 08:04 PM
Has anyone trained with or have any opinions on Dr. Steve L. Sun ? He teaches a form of taiji done with the wind-fire wheels. Anyone know what style of taiji it is from (Yang, Chen, etc.) ? Or is it a form he put together himself?

His website is at www.windfire.com (http://www.windfire.com/)

John

Ky-Fi
04-24-2002, 08:31 PM
I've got the first book by Dr. Sun. I think he said that the original forms have been lost----he just adapted the weapons to his Yang style form.

Normally I would not try to learn a weapon form from a book, but this looks so close to the barehand form that I've been tempted to try---I think I could get the jist of it, at least. I haven't gotten around to buying the weapons, though. The book shows some basic applications, too---although it looks like they were taking the pictures in a very confined space. For some of his applications against a staff, the guy with the staff was right on top of him. The applications looked pretty logical to me, though.

I think it's a pretty good book. He's also got an advanced book out on these weapons that I haven't seen.

johnv
04-25-2002, 04:47 AM
I wasn't thinking about learning from the book. He's going to be at Taiji Legacy this July teaching the form in person.