PDA

View Full Version : Bagua Stories or Legends

Draugen
04-26-2002, 09:41 AM
I'm doing some reasearch and trying to find any Bagua related stories, legends or myths. I'm particularly looking for any of Epic scale, but smaller ones would be helpful.

Or really any epic kung fu stories would be helpful as well.

Can anyone think of any?

Justa Man
04-26-2002, 10:38 AM
frank allen wrote a couple of articles in inside kung fu a few years back about yin fun and cheng ting hwa that were not on an epic scale but definitly tight stories. maybe you can contact him.

Nexus
04-26-2002, 10:40 AM
There was once a great Bagua Master who called no place is home and wandered freely from one place to another, learning what he could from his surroundings and those he met and then moving with the flow of life to new places and new experiences.

One day, upon his great quest for the ultimate mastery he stumbled upon a crowded village, where apparently the majority of it's villagers were practictioners of the martial arts. Delighted at the chance to see the skills of so many others, and hear their reluctant tales of their journey as martial artists he enterred into the village square to stake his claim as a Bagua Master in hopes to meeting martial artists with equal or greater skill.

As he stood in the center of the street, he announced loudly, 'All those who have story to tell or have skills of the legendary man please bring yourself to my sitting (his private area).'

At first nobody came, but after some time a man in silk cloths approached and glanced at the Bagua Master seated upon the ground. The Bagua Master looked up and smiled and asked the man, 'Might you have stories, legends or myths of the martial arts you study?'

The man in silk cloths sat down, and begin to speak, "There was once a great Bagua Master who called no place is home and wandered freely....."

Draugen
04-27-2002, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Justa Man
frank allen wrote a couple of articles in inside kung fu a few years back about yin fun and cheng ting hwa that were not on an epic scale but definitly tight stories.

Awesome story. I don't know if I can use it, but good none the less. I found it at Yin and Yang of Ba Gua Zhang (http://metal-tiger.com/Wu_Tang_PCA/YinYang.html) in case anyone is interested.

razakdigital
04-27-2002, 08:43 AM
Justa man holla at me at razakdigital@hotmail.com

[Censored]
04-27-2002, 04:11 PM
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=8677

I must go now...

BAAAG WAAA!

BAAAG WAAA!

BAAAG WAAA!

Tai-Jutsuka
04-27-2002, 09:32 PM
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a legend or a story, but I've heard of a technique called Circulating the Dragon's Blood. It is where you actually extend your chi beyond your palms and create impact against an object without physically touching it. I'm not sure if it can actually be done.

Daniel Madar
04-28-2002, 06:46 AM
In chinese that is called link kong jing, which means roughly "Empty force" and is a frequent matter for debate here.

Bagua is a recent system, so there are no epics about it. If you are a louis cha fan, his heroes frequently use bagua, as Wu dang/internal arts are much more mysterious and therefore cooler. ;)

The main stories about bagua tend to revolve around its use in the boxer rebellion, though there is a great one out there about Fu Zhong Wen face planting while walking the circle on a poorly built wooden platform.

wufupaul
04-28-2002, 01:40 PM
You meant Fu Chen Sung, not Fu Zhong Wen, right Daniel? Haha, I heard that story too. Even if it was funny to see, there's no way anyone would have laughed at a man like Fu without fear of death, :eek:

Daniel Madar
04-28-2002, 05:54 PM
Thanks paul, for some reason I always get the Fus mixed up.

From the version I heard he actually came off the platform when he tripped. Demonstrating his flying dragon body bagua no doubt.

;)