PDA

View Full Version : Ironfist!

tri2bmt
04-26-2002, 04:50 PM
Yo man you seem to be the resident knowledge bank for weight lifting. There was something in a post you mentioned being able to deadlift every day or five days a week or something like that.
Could you tell me a bit more about that?
I don't do alot of weights but reconize the benefits of deadlifts and want to maximize my overall bodily strength.
Thanks alot!

IronFist
04-27-2002, 03:04 AM
The deadlifting every day thing is possible because you only do 2 sets of 5 with lots of rest in between. The result is not very much tearing of the fibers (which causes hypertrophy (increase in muscular size)). Training this way will not make you big, but it will make you stronger, faster. Essentially it is training the nervous system to become more effecient in the movements as well as training the muscles to contract harder. You will not be sore after your 2 sets of 5, even when you use maximal weights. I find it lends itself very well to MA training because it doesn't leave you sore. However, toward the end of a cycle you may find that your nervous system feels drained. It is a very unique feeling... your muscles do not hurt, but for whatever reason you don't want to use them. When I've felt like this in the past I find myself stretching out every like 20-30 minutes when I'm sitting in class because my muscles feel all weird. It's weird, because it doesn't really help... I dunno I can't explain it. I just carried out a cycle way too long one time and I almost overtrained I think. I dunno, I'll stop rambling now.

Check out the book "Power to the People" by Pavel Tsatsouline. It explains the concepts very well.

IronFist

tri2bmt
04-27-2002, 03:21 PM
That sounds cool. Is it 2 sets of 5 every day?
What's a cycle?
I'm going to start this but can't afford the book.
I just want to do it properly.
Thanks for the help