PDA

View Full Version : just bought a KA-Bar

Stacey
04-27-2002, 12:30 PM
it was 50 bucks....I am exceedingly happy with it. Its a fighting/utility knife used by the marines/army/navy since wwII

I got it home and threw it at a board underhanded...it stuck with force...thok...perfect.

I used it for some utility and it worked great, not too heavy..only prob is that its not as convinient as a folder, but I heard that they are the best for the buck.

I ate an orange, peeled it with my KA-Bar.

Killed the neighbor...with my KA-Bar...well not really.

I almost got a cold steal bushman for 20 bucks..you can make it to a spear and its got more belly, but I wanted a fighting knife as well. I was gonna get a double edged knife...more CMA but I'm not in the habbit of killing people, I just wanted a fightiing/utility knife for 35-40 bucks...The pummel on it is so cool, I can just see knocking someone out with it.

I was really looking for a folder that you just flick without any thumb action that locks in place and doesn't move...well no luck for under 100plus.

Blackjack...knifefighiter? Some imput please.

Its a 7 inch blade, I'm guessing a foot long altogether. Is this a good fighting knife? What is the best grip? I've heard icepick is only good if you really know trapping and I've heard that only sabre grip is good because of the additional reach...some expertise please?

Black Jack
04-27-2002, 12:52 PM
I don't really understand the question?????

Though I will say KA-BAR is the bomb, one of the most affordable real-deal combat knifes on the planet,

Did you get a serrated edge or plain?

The best grip if you are only carrying one blade, their are many grips, is one that has the best weapon retention and the one you are most comfortable with.

Saber grip is sometimes called thumb-fencing, it does not have the retention of a hammer/gorilla grip, but you have a bit more precission and reach.

Hammer is just as it describes, held like a hammer, a death grip.

With reverse you have a few basics like standard and ice-pick. I am not much for trapping with the blade.

guohuen
04-28-2002, 08:12 AM
Great knife! Affordable by today's standards although my first Ka-BAR was $10.95. Try wrapping the handle with friction tape for better control.

Dark Knight
04-28-2002, 07:39 PM
Go to Scott Sonnons site for a good tape on knife fighting. Its moe conceptual than techniques. It got tons of good reviews. I own many knife tapes and like it very much