PDA

View Full Version : Excellent e-book on war history, family and survival mindset

Black Jack
04-27-2002, 12:36 PM
For those that are interested in such things, I was blown away by this e-book called "Papas War", written by a WWII combat veteran for his 11 year old Grandson, to let him understand of his grandfathers experiances in the war, to understand what he went through, when he becomes older he will have these accounts to read.

Written among his accounts is one that I wanted to bring to the group as I think it showcases IMHO the true experisson of hand to hand combat on a sheer level of survival training.

For those that don't want to read the whole book, though it is a excellent, warming and a heartfelt piece of history passed down from one generation to another, this passage is in Part 1-North Camp Hood Basic Training, where the new recruit meets his "dirty fighting" instructor, a man they nickname "blood and gloves".

Check out how he describes the mindset behind the eye gouge.

The account can be found by scrolling down from when you start-the heading-North Camp Hood Basic Training.

http://www.pierce-evans.org/papaswar.htm

I know a few of you, badger, stranger, JWT, Rogue will enjoy it.

DelicateSound
04-28-2002, 02:09 PM
The style is questionable but the content is there.

Every kid should blow Sh!t Up!!

Nice story of the eye gouge - and of the guy's leg on the bayonet defense.

BJ - Where do you find this stuff man?

Black Jack
04-28-2002, 03:47 PM
All over the place. :)

The net is one big garbage zone of stuff:D