PDA

View Full Version : the origin of hung gar

RAIN
04-28-2002, 11:05 PM
hello

i'd start to making a comic book about the origin of hung gar and need every type of info or stories about hung hei goon and his period .

thank you

TenTigers
04-29-2002, 07:52 PM
check out the past issue of Kung-Fu Qigong, there were articles on it, also every Hung-Kuen website. But PUH-LEEEZ-don't print that garbage about Hung Hei-Gwoon's wife being Fong Wing-Chun and teaching him the snake techniques. That was pure fantasy/garbage done in movies-it is an insult to every Hung-Ga practitionmer's intelligence. (crane techniques and snake existed eons before-as in the five animal set? sound familiar?)Also leave out the red boat theory about low horses-more crap. But a comic about Hung Hei-Gwoon would be most admirable.

diego
04-30-2002, 10:03 AM
wich is? and please explian how its crap, i think i know what you are eluding, but im not sure:cool:

RAIN
04-30-2002, 10:36 AM
thank you for you point of view .
i am concentrate on hung hei goon because for get out a while of wong fei hung stories . i don't see too much hung gar movies . so i expect don't get influence of them .
my mainly questions is if fong wing chun taught him the crane techniques why he don't create the tiger & crane form ?

TenTigers
04-30-2002, 05:37 PM
exactly-she didn't, he didn't. Wong Fei Hung is credited for creating Fu Hok Seurng Ying Kuen. About the whole red boat myth:
1) Hung in Hung Ga means great, strong, righteous, and is the surname of Hung Mo-Jue, the first emperor of the Ming Dyansty, which is why Hung Hei Gwoon took the name and referred to his Siu Lum Fut Ga Lo Hawn Kuen as Hung Ga. Hung as in Hung Suen-the red boats is written completely differently.
2) Yes, Jee Siem is known for hiding on the red boats, as did alot of rebels, but that does not justify the low horses of Hung-Ga. One, the opera boats were wide enough for a stage, and if you've seen Chinese opera, it is very acrobatic-um, they obviously docked first, before putting on these performances! Two) Wing Chun was also developed on opera boats, they do not have wide deep stances. I'm sure that practice went on when the boat was docked, moored, or at least in calmer waters-if it were rough seas, don't you think the captain would say something like, "Hey! Would you guys quit F@#$ing around with that gung-fu and batten down the freakin hatches, fer cryin out loud!"lol
3) Chen, and Yang family Tai Ji has deep stances from hell, northern siu lum has deep stances, as does Bagua, and numerous other systems-none of which were practiced on boats.
So basically... I'm not buyin it. nope, not fer one minute, nopers, not me

diego
04-30-2002, 09:35 PM
What about WingChuns Dragon Pole?,:) it's all low horse, cat, & cross stance:eek: . although i think i may have read it didnt come till later?, maybe this should be brought up at the wc forum?, no:D

TenTigers
05-01-2002, 06:43 PM
well the story goes, Jee Siem taught Leung Yee Tai the pole and knives when they met on the red boats. The luk dim boon gwun has alot of similarities to the Bot Gwa Gwun-kind of an abbreviated version, but the knife sets are completely different. Oh yeah, our version (Tang Fung)is light years different than LSW version, at least from what I've seen on the Kwong Wing Lam Tapes.