PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

black and blue
04-29-2002, 07:21 AM
Does anyone know if there is a website dedicated to Pao Fei Lein Wing Chun?

I've done web searches under Pao Fei Lein, and also under Leo Man (apparently a practitioner of the system).

Everything on the web is just short blurbs. So. Anyone know a site???

Cheers,

Duncan :)

black and blue
04-30-2002, 02:17 AM
Anyone...

SOS.

Nat from UK
04-30-2002, 04:43 AM
I looked a while back, trying to trace some masters of the system that i have photo's and video footage of. I also found nothing.

Ps you are correct with Leo Man, he studied under Mok Poi On (sp)

Nat from UK

black and blue
04-30-2002, 05:49 AM
Hi Nat,

You have some video footage you say? Where did you get this.

I'm intrigued by the system... seems to have many more forms... was interested to see what they are like. I also heard their Chi Sau is a little different.

Duncan

reneritchie
04-30-2002, 06:32 AM
There's no English language website that I know of. I have seen some of their students post on Chinese newsgroups/boards and they may have something in Chinese as well. Leo Man sifu taught out of the HK Chin Woo last I heard, and was the only one actively teaching the art. Chu Chong's sons (both in their 70s or 80s now) are in HK, and his sidai, Kwok Gai, is in Foshan, and you can probably contact all of them via the Chin Woo in HK and Foshan respectively.

Pao Fa Lien is interesting, with quite a few very long sets (they have amazing memories). In flavor, they seem to have some Hung ("Southern Shaolin") flavor, but an almost Taiji like one as well. Cool stuff.

Rgds,

RR

Nat from UK
04-30-2002, 09:29 AM
It was taken about 1989 in Hong Kong, I was with a number of others who were guests of the Pau Fau Lain masters for a couple of days.

It was very much we did SLT they did their SLT we did dummy they did one of their dummy forms. A few applications, and some chi sau found its way onto the video aswell.

Fond memorys, particular of one of the Masters getting a real nagging from his wife (i think it was his wife) because he had cleared all of the furniture from the lounge into the kitchen, so that we could practice in the lounge/dining area and she couldn't get in to make dinner.

Leo Man was acting as an interpretor.

Nat from UK

black and blue
05-01-2002, 01:20 AM
So how much are you going to charge me to get a copy of this video?

Er... I'm serious. Will pay for a copy if you're able to pirate one (not that I generally advocate such illegal activity). :)

Ish
05-01-2002, 04:29 AM
you could get yourself a little business going here.
id buy a copy too if you can get some.

Nat from UK
05-01-2002, 05:07 AM
Contact me via Private Message

No copywright problems - cause it is from a video camera.

No Charge - cause I'm a nice guy :D

Nat from UK

black and blue
05-01-2002, 05:30 AM
:D Cheers. I'd love a copy.

Have mailed you and sent private message.

Fill us in on the trip to HK - an eye opener?

Duncan