PDA

View Full Version : the origin of hung gar

RAIN
04-29-2002, 08:14 AM
hello

i am from argentina and i am start to make a hung gar comic book and i need information or stories about the gee sim - hung hei gum period . mainly hung hei goon .

i got some question mainly :

if wong fei hung was the man who create tiger & crane form where appear the crane'sfong wing chun techniques ?

GeneChing
04-29-2002, 12:52 PM
... are hard to come by. That's why they call them legends, not facts. Most of the martial arts legends have been passed down orally and through movies, sketchy sources at best. Many of the Gee Sim legends were romanticized in a wuxia novel called 10,000 year green, which has yet to be translated to English. This, in turn, was the source of many movies, but it is worthy of note that the author claims it as folktale, not fact.

If you have wing chun questions, I'll direct you to our Wing Chun forum. There are many people there that are much better prepared to answer you questions than I. As for Hung Gar questions, try our southern forum as I mentioned to you earlier. Sorry I can't be too much more helpful, but in all honesty, you questions are a little outside my current field of study. Good Luck!