PDA

View Full Version : YKM kicking ranges!

BIU JI
04-02-2001, 01:04 AM
Despite what alot of northern MA's think there's plenty of kicks in southern arts. What's the ranges used in YKM and with legs in particular what ranges do you have?

rocklion
04-02-2001, 02:54 AM
Most of the kicks in YKM can be delivered at any range, in close range we can shorten the kicks and use knees,stomps,grinds or traps, when your at close range is when our stance work helps.

At punching range leg kicks also work well, a good roundhouse to the inner thigh hurts like hell(BuiJi knows what i mean) :) and opens the opponent up for the dreaded sut tsui ;)

Long range kicks could be a entry technique to throw your opponent off, but personally i'd prefer to get in close and use my hands.

fiercest tiger
04-02-2001, 06:10 AM
i like to kick alot, because i have strong kicks, but a low line kick to bridge the gap into punching range is good. a set with a punch to kick is good, like "garn tek gerk sut choi" comdo has worked for me doing door work in clubs.

as rocklion mention inside thigh is a good target if its exposed, or bui ji's pressure point on the leg up from the ankle is nice and painful.

or take the knee cap off! ;)

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

BIU JI
04-02-2001, 02:15 PM
Even when stepping you can drill the knee in, eg as you full step in if you raise the knee a little higher your knee can not only cover a in coming kick but drive into areas such as the Fengshih point (gall blader) at the top of the thigh, good old corka, takes the leg right out. Be aggresive with the art and a stack of techniques show up.
I love hitting points, hehe :D

Ross
04-03-2001, 12:39 AM
I just wanted to get some clarification. I assume you mean fengshi(GB31) and not fengchi(GB20). I was taught that the point lies roughly where the tip of your middle finger sits when your arm is resting at your side. This point is about 40% of the distance between the knee and the boney point of the outer prominence of the hip. You said you were hitting higher up on the thigh than this. Since you love to hit points I just wondered which one you were aiming at :rolleyes: .

But really, at least you are trying to target points. There are lots of places on the web that give rough meridian charts that will help your point location.

One other thing.....how come FT is mentioning points that Bui ji likes to attack before they are introduced into the thread?? It sounds like you guys had this all planned out especially since BJ asks the question and then goes on to answer it heh heh. You guys have ESP as well? :D

Cheers, R

[This message was edited by R on 04-03-01 at 03:44 PM.]

fiercest tiger
04-03-2001, 01:32 AM
maybe because i taught him the points, im his sifu.

:p

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

fiercest tiger
04-03-2001, 01:41 AM
GB 31 OR 32 can numb or paralys the leg, even possibly knockout the person with proper power and angle.

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

BIU JI
04-03-2001, 02:20 AM
R yes I was refering to GB 31 and no it's not at the top of the thigh granted.Fengshih/Fengshi depends on the chart you have.
Yes I do have ESP!

rocklion
04-03-2001, 02:29 AM
what about defences for kicks at close range, what you you use? :)