PDA

View Full Version : JKD Award

stumpydee
04-30-2002, 06:19 AM
O’Neill gains Jeet Kune Do Award

Jeet Kune Do Instructor Martin O’Neill was recently awarded Full Instructor status by Sifu Lamar Davis from USA who is one of the top ranked martial artists in the world.

Martin O’Neill has been training in martial arts for more than twenty years. At the time of commencing his Instructorship with Lamar Davis, O’Neill had already achieved his Instructorship in Karate and Senior Phase Two JKD Concepts. However the opportunity to acquire in depth knowledge of Bruce Lee’s martial art motivated him to undertake an apprenticeship, which lasted seven years.
O’Neill said “I am delighted to receive this honour which I hope will continue to inspire me and help my students to reach their potential”.

Sifu Davis was in Lurgan N. Ireland recently teaching and testing students at the Clann Eireann Club. The visit was very successful and Lamar inspired all who trained under his expert guidance and awesome ability! He has trained in Bruce Lee’s martial Art for the past 22 years and is a Certified Full Instructor under five of Bruce Lee’s original students. These are Sifu Jerry Poteet, Steve Golden, Leo Fong, Patrick Strong and Joe Cowles.

Martin would like to congratulate all his students especially Andre Farrell and Paul Crossey who achieved Apprentice Level 3! Special thanks to the Instructor team who worked hard to make the visit possible!

Clann Eireann Jeet Kune Do Club meet on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s at 7.00pm and beginners from 15 years + are welcome. A big thank you to Clann Eireann Youth Club for their support!
For further information contact Paul 07720-439-449