PDA

View Full Version : In my Pak Mei White Eyebrow Tiger Fork book by master Ng Yiu it mentions the chained directional sid

FIRE HAWK
04-02-2001, 09:20 AM
In my Pak Mei WhitE Eyebrow tiger fork book by master Ng Yiu.It mentions somthing called the chained directional side kicks.Anybody ever herd of them.It also shows pictures of other kicks White horse gives a kick,fire arrow to kick the heart,and other kicks to.It also shows stances and fist strikes like Golden cockerel stands on one leg,Fire arrow straight punch,Uppercut,Hammer fist,Block and punch,Tiger claws,The on guard stance of Pak Mei,All these things are done in Pak Mei stances.It also shows some chi sao type moves and then the entire Pak Mei tiger fork form and then it shows other weapons versus the tiger fork.

kull
04-03-2001, 09:18 AM
Firehawk-

When the name of the moves are translated into english it is not always a literal translation; english and chinese have a different base.

Therefore you will sometimes have people call moves differently in english.
Usually when you look at the movement you can tell which one it is.

Like mantis 108's 1st pic. was definately dragon and not bak mei.

mantis108
04-04-2001, 02:28 AM
Hi Kull,

That is indeed a Lung Ying Sarm Tone. You have keen eyes. :D

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa

Kevin Barkman
04-05-2001, 02:34 AM
There are indeed "chained side kicks" in LY - important concept repeated through several forms.

Haven't yet seen the same concept in BM. Which page is this on Firehawk?

Cheers - kevin

FIRE HAWK
04-05-2001, 11:30 AM
Kevin i see that you have this book to.The chained directional side-kicks are mentioned on page 8 of the Pak Mei tiger fork book.Look in the middle of page 8 where it starts and says 1930 read the whole section,and at the end of this section it says chained diretional side-kicks.It appears that master Ng Yiu is fighting a bunch of thugs and almost gets cut by a big chopper or butterfly knife by one of the thugs,other thugs are coming at him from different directions,so he starts to use the chained directional side-kicks.You should also read the next section where master Ng Yiu has to fight some gangsters in a amusement park.