PDA

View Full Version : Looking

Kodiack
05-01-2002, 02:19 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm interested in finding a good Wing Chun instructor in San Diego. If anybody here has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
Most of my MA background involves Aikido(19 years) and BJJ (5 years). I did have a chance to train in some Wing Chun back in the early '80's with a gentleman from Seattle. During that time I learned the Sil Lim Dao form and basic single hand Chi Sao. I've always wanted to return to the system but never got around to it.
I'm very serious about finding a good quality Wing Chun instructor in SD and need your help.
Thanks in advance,
David

PS- This looks like a really cool board and I will be posting here from now on...;)

dzu
05-01-2002, 03:33 PM
Which part of San Diego do you live in and how far are you willing to drive? What are you looking for in your training? There are a couple options that I can point you to depending upon what your needs are.

Dzu

Kodiack
05-01-2002, 03:47 PM
Dzu, Thanks for your reply.
I live in the east county (El Cajon) but am willing to drive as far as Carlsbad,Escondidio or somewhere in south bay for instruction. I work nights with weekdays off which may make it diffucult. However I can adjust my schedule or set up private lessons if need be.
I'm looking for the "art" part of Wing Chun. This includes not only the forms but also Chi Sao and dummy work. Practicallity for self defense is also a consideration but since I've been involved in MA most of my life I don't have an overwhelming need to learn how to fight. I just want to train for training sake.
Hope this helps
David

dzu
05-01-2002, 04:25 PM
David,

Send me an email and we can talk about this offline.

Dzu