PDA

View Full Version : Came across this site. what r ur opinions?

inic
05-03-2002, 05:58 PM
it seems exagerrated to me. but thats me. i mean how many here can do 200+ pushups straight, run a 5:30 mile and all the other crap it says JUST TO START training..... must be some super training they doing

inic
05-03-2002, 05:59 PM
heh, woops, might help if i include the address =P
http://www.stadion.com/column_stretch18.html

NPMantis
05-04-2002, 03:32 AM
Hey,

I didn't read the thing thoroughly just skimmed over it but I know what he's talking about, though I think he's being a bit extreme, I have friends that do Kung Fu who don't really do much of a workout, they just do techniques with 5 mins of pushups, etc. chucked in for a warmup with no real stamina work.

My Sifu really works us out, but he certainly doesn't make us do 200+ pushups, the idea behind it is you can go away and do those at home if you really want to, his workouts are killer and make you really fit, we usually do 20-40 pushups (though never straight, always slow or on fingers, etc.) and anything up to 150 ab reps in one set, times several sets.

I think the guy writing the articles is just trying to motivate people, but don't take it too seriously, but that's just my opinion.