PDA

View Full Version : How to apply Chi Na, and pressure point fighting techniques

Dragon Warrior
10-05-2001, 09:11 PM
A big misconception adofjaoiesyroiba a
about these two areas of cma fighting is that they are styles themselves.

"Chi Na" is not a style, and neither is "pressure point fighting."

Cma fighters combine chi na and pressure point techniques with wrestling(shaui chaio) and good striking skills.

What do you think?

For years, religion did nothing but divide. (killa priest)

Religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom. (killa priest)

Kung Lek
10-05-2001, 09:23 PM
Hi-

and yep, Chin Na is a collection of techniques that are basically, grabs, holds, releases, locks, etc.

generally they are defensive in nature and are drawn from techniques within a given style or system.

there is a very, very large variety of these techniques.

pressure points are another thing. Some chin na techs employ pressure points in their usage.

pressure points can be used to damage or to heal.

also, a collection of techniques that are not inherently a system except that the healing aspects may be considered a system as in: acupunture/acupressure.

if the term is used in context to dim mak/dan xiue, then it is a body of knowledge (system) concerning striking points to be used in fighting.

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-07-2001, 07:03 PM
i might get flamed for this, but that's kinda how i see aikido.

a great suppliment art, but extremely limited on its own.

where's my beer?

Shaolin36
10-07-2001, 07:07 PM
Dragon Warrior,
A good book to read on Chin-Na is
Shaoln Chin Na by Ying Jwang Ming

very good bok with solid techniques.

Shaolin

MaFuYee
10-07-2001, 07:25 PM
i don't like that book.

__
__/0 _
____
/
__ //
__/o -//-- _/
____ ___ |
|| | |
|| || ||
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

hasayfu
10-07-2001, 08:26 PM
I'd go a step further. Chin na is one of the expressions of the core of Chinese Martial Arts. Chin na works when you can read the flow of energy. Many people don't work this aspect of CMA.

Water Dragon
10-07-2001, 08:38 PM
hasayfu is correct

You may take my life, but you will never take my Freedom

huff
10-07-2001, 08:41 PM
Qin na is the more appropriate spelling and Qin na does stand alone as a style of self defense (only) not a complete style but very effective. :D

A true humble-one always knows others and does not care if other people know him.

EARTH DRAGON
10-08-2001, 05:45 AM
As many have said it is part of your arsenal that can be used in conjunction with various techniques. i.e we have chinafa from eagle claw and shuai chaio so when defending ourselfs we would block a punch, strike back while joint locking follow up with a throw that either breaks or damages the limb during execution or by the throw itself. But if you took the joint lock out of the scenario the result would be incomplete.

http://www.kungfuUSA.net