PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman = Great Flick!

David Jamieson
05-04-2002, 12:10 PM
WOW!

I saw it last night and all I can say is "Go see it" It's worth the dinero!

Excellent scrapping scenes a la matrix (whipping peeps through walls and such) and a good story to boot.
Can't say enough good things about Spidey.

Way to go Stan.

peace

Leonidas
05-04-2002, 02:23 PM
Cool, atleast i know it isn't crap. I would of been scarred for life if Spidey was a dissapointment like Spawn or Blade 2 especiallly since i have higher expectations for it. Please, no one tell the story though. Not until i see it atleast

Shaolindynasty
05-05-2002, 02:14 PM
OMG! Spiderman was probally the best made superhero movie ever! It ruled

Kumkuat
05-05-2002, 07:31 PM
It did.

*kinda spoiler*

Peter Parker did a nice XingYi like punch to Flash Tompson.

Jimbo
05-05-2002, 11:11 PM
Spiderman rules!

At last they made a superhero movie that's really good. I never really liked either the Superman or the overhyped Batman movies. While I don't always care for the modern computerized effects of movies nowadays, IMO the effects were just right for a Spiderman movie. They made the movie at the right time.

Another good thing was that there was feeling and personality to the characters. Batman and Superman both were extremely boring out of costume in their movies. When I first saw the commercials for SPiderman I thought Tobey MaGuire would make a terrible Peter Parker, but after seeing the movie he played the character really well. I think some of us who have ever felt like outsiders can relate some to the character in the film.

Wonder who the villain of part II will be? The Rhino? Hobgoblin? The Vulture? The Lizard? Dr. Octopus? The Sandman???

Jim

Kumkuat
05-06-2002, 08:48 AM
Well if the ending to the first one is any indication, it'll probably be Green Goblin again. Although I hope it is my favorite villan, Doc Octopus.

@PLUGO
05-06-2002, 05:21 PM
THAT was absolutely the Best Comic-to-Movie ever!!!

Special FX... excellent...

Parker was awesome...

JJ Jamison... the best!

Great Goblin!!!

Rumor has it the next Foe(s)
will beDr Octopus and The Lizard ...who was mentioned in one sentence when we found out Peter lost his job as Lab asst for Dr. Connors and then goes to do some Photo work at the Bugel

Hau Tien
05-06-2002, 06:38 PM
Hrm... I had this talk with my fiancee after watching the movie and we couldn't decide who would be the villain for Episode 3.

For the next one, I read an article that said it will be Harry Osborn as the Green Goblin. But for the third???

Well... Doc Ock is my choice for most likely... I will say I REALLY hope they don't use Venom. They'd have to change WAY too much of the story to fit it in a two hour movie.

We did joke about THE RHINO! "SPIIIIIDER-MAN!! I need more GOLLLLLLD!" Sorry... I'm likely the only one who'll get that:P </lame old spidey cartoon reference>

Other possibilities could be The Scorpion or The Lizard (They actually mention Dr.Curt Conners in the movie... Peter gets fired for being late by "Dr. Conners"), The Vulture, or Mysterio (Another cool possibility).

I still think Doctor Octopus would rock, though.

Just my 2 cents.

Hau Tien

Shaolindynasty
05-07-2002, 01:50 PM
Next film will have Doc ock and lizard, it starts filming in January and will be relased in 2004

David Jamieson
05-11-2002, 06:30 PM
I'd like to see Electro at some point. Doc Oc gets my vote for nuttiest spidey villain.

I did get the rhino joke :D
They still run the toon from the 60's where I live.
Haven't missed a psychodelic background yet.

peace

Kristoffer
05-12-2002, 07:21 AM
I heard they will do 3 sequals??:confused: If so.. :D cool.
But I look forward to the Hulk movie, and Daredevil. That one will have a very dark and gritty athmosphere like Seven. Sounds great!

Kristoffer
05-12-2002, 07:35 AM
ok geek varning here, but ok HERE'S MY FAV SPIDEY- VILLIAN LIST:::::
:rolleyes: :D in no order whatso-ever:

*Doppelganger (u know the moster with 6 arms, SO awsome)

*Tarentula (ok would be lame in a movie, old timer with spikes on the boots, his costume rocked)

*Lizard
*Carnage (kinda lame in the `books but he would really work in a movie)

* SCORPION (one of the coolest madmen ever. Looks best by Mark Bagley me thinks)

*Water-man (would make an intresting movie no?)
*Sand-Man (same as above)

@PLUGO
05-15-2002, 06:27 PM
I would Love to see Harry Osbourn become the sort of criminal mastermind devoted to spending his whole inheritance on killing Spiderman & avenging his father... a sort of slow decient towards the dark side...the way Darth Vader's story should be!!

That can be the running back story as Spiderman tackles DOC OC & the Lizard. I can then see Harry offering to hire Dr. Connors after he's cured from being the lizard at the end of the second film... which should of course be called The AMAZING Spider-Man

By the 3rd film, titled Web of Spider-Man Harry is having Dr. Conners combine his lizard formula with the original Green Goblin performance inhancer. All the while hiring mercs like the Scorpion the Rhino the Shocker to try (and Fail) to bring Spider-Man down.
Frustraited by their failures, he looses his temper and follows in his father's footstep by trying the formula on himself. Thus he becomes a mutated Hobgoblin. Reptile like skin, Yellow of course, Hyper Strength, Speed, regenerative abilities, plus his father's toys... (there could be a scene where he discovers his father's stash of toys, realises he was the green Goblin & has his own mental breakdown)

He could also hire Kraven the Hunter to track spiderman down, and even have a sidekick in the form of a hired merc dressed as Jack O-Lanturn

Now c'mon!!! would that not be the BAD @SS finish to a trilogy!!!

the 4th flick could introduce Venom as a Genecticly modified experiment goon loose again

but all that's me dreaming...:cool:

Radhnoti
05-15-2002, 08:33 PM
Caught it tonight. Something almost brought a tear to my eye, mainly because this was my three year old son's first (non-cartoon) theatre movie.
MJ fell and Spidey dives down and snags her just short of the pavement. My boy jumps up and yells, "YAY! Spiderman saved the girwl! Yay Spiderman!"
Made the movie for me.
:)
The flick IS PG-13...and when we were leaving I asked him if he liked it. His answer was, "YEAH! It was a scary spiderman though, wazzentit?"
I guess Willam Defoe as a madman MAY be a bit much for a three year old, eh? But, my son is such a spidey fan...I just had to take him.
Overall, a great time was had by all. I would suggest it.

Shaolindynasty
05-16-2002, 11:53 AM
Design sifu- actually that storyline would rule! Of course I am against them ever using venom or carnage in the movies. They have to have the alien suits to make it work(genetic experiment doesn't work for me) there is just no way to put the wholw "alien costume saga" into one movie, that would have to be a trilogy in it's self. I like the idea of using the comic titles though.

@PLUGO
05-16-2002, 02:49 PM
heh... I could dream up movie plots all day... now if only someone would pay me to do it :p

Something almost brought a tear to my eye, mainly because this was my three year old son's first (non-cartoon) theatre movie.

That's awsome!!! I learned how to read by sitting on my father's lap & reading spiderman comics together every sunday evening... Sigh,

I'm glad you chose to bring your boy to see it, it worked on so many levels. I think Sam Raimi should spend the rest of his carrier directing Spiderman Movies!!!

or have me take over!!!

as for Venom... never really understood why he was so popular...

Shaolindynasty
05-20-2002, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I think the creation of venom was more accidental than anything anyway. When I talk to people about the movie everybody says they want to see venom, but I don't. There are way better classic spidey villians that would translate allot better to the big screen. Venom just wouldn't make sense. To me Doc Ock is the most logical choice. I actually think if he was first they could have made the goblin more shocking, discovering his identity and stuff....anyway gotta go now

@PLUGO
05-21-2002, 01:47 PM
Doc Oct, would have worked especially if they kept the radio active spider...

I think they where sort of going for an underlying theme on human evolution as spiderman is born at almost the same time that Norman Osborn subjects himself to his performance enhancer...

almost as if they where syncrinisticly connected...

It's a variation of the Classic Comic tool of meanwhile...

Shaolindynasty
05-22-2002, 02:30 PM
I think the goblin would have worked out really cool as kind of a back story while spidey fought Doc Ock. So in the background you would have osborne becoming the goblin commiting crimes and building suspense, I mean if they would have kept him around a little longer it would have made his defeat more dramatic(in the sequal). Also it would have made the goblin seem more epic like in the comic. I liked the movie anyway.

Also the genetically enginered spider was a good touch. It was actually like in ultimate

Mr Punch
05-24-2002, 07:05 AM
You're all insane or lobotomised or both! Except for Radhnoti who had good reason to like the movie: cas it was cool for his 3-yr old son (way-to-go, what a cool memory).

The movie sucked ASS! Tobey Maguire was excellent... at first, but wore a bit thin. The effects were unconvincing aside from a couple of rather nice martial moments (but, hell, haven't we all done/seen better :cool: !!?). YAWN! The Green Goblin looked like a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger, but even his suit acted Dafoe off the screen, and Dunst (Dunce?) has a face as expressive as a bag of spanners.

The bad guys in the sequel (why oh why Sam? after the masterpieces that were The Evil Dead s???:confused: ) will be The Green Goblin and his son, Hobgoblin.

Poor.

NorthernMantis
06-06-2002, 02:01 PM
I'm still wondering how the greengoblin will fit in the picture. The greengoblin hates the hobgoblin and it from another dimension ,supposedly.