PDA

View Full Version : Who's Heard Of The Legend, Of 8 Drunkard Boxing Masters?

Drunken Master
04-05-2001, 12:15 PM
There was a story of 8 drunken masters in kungfu
which had there own drunken kungfu style,6 were men,2 were women,Do any one know about this or knows if its true??
Please write if you know!

Shaolin Master
04-05-2001, 12:20 PM
There is a "fable" of 8 Immortals (Chinese mythological gods).....but not actual people ..... it would be uncanny to have 8 gods isn't it ?

Regards & Peace
Shi Chan Long

RENEGADE_MONK
04-05-2001, 03:28 PM
There was an Anime cartoon based on the 8 Immortals,
where a caricature of Bruce Lee was one of the gods...If my memory serves me well I think it was called Chinese Gods. has anyone else heard of this

Fu-Pow
04-05-2001, 07:19 PM
I think you are confusing this with the 8 drunken immortals. They are mythological characters but I doubt they ever actually existed.

Fu-Pow
"If you are talking about sport that is one thing. But when you are talking about combat-as it is-well then, baby, you'd better train every part of your body" - Bruce Lee

Kung Lek
04-05-2001, 08:09 PM
"Ba Sien" The eight immortals.

These are characters from the Taoist traditions.
their stories are more often than not morality tales and used to educate people in social behaviour.

the eight drunken immortals are based on these characters but generally share not much with them.

There is a huge variety of stories regarding these mythological characters. Some of the stories are really good, but some of them are just stories for entertainment purposes much like many of the "martial heroes" tales from China.

peace

Kung Lek

Je Lei Sifu
04-06-2001, 04:50 AM
There were seven men, one was a cross-dresser, and one woman.

Well, that is what I heard anyway.

Peace.

Je Lei Sifu :cool:

The Southern Fist Subdues The Fierce Mountain Tiger