PDA

View Full Version : new website

Leroy
05-08-2002, 05:28 PM
Hi

I am a student of wing chun and a student of digital media. As my final project for my degree I have created a web site that attempts to teach the theory, 1st form, and some of the simple applications of wing chun.
It is still not quite finished yet and have a week to tidy it up. Even so I am running out of time and I need people of all levels of wing chun to have a look for user testing and evaluation of the site which I have to do as the final part of the project. So please could as many of you as possible have a look at the site and fill in a small questionnaire which is on the site. The most important part of the questionnaire is the comments section, is there are any problems you had with the site or something which you didn’t understand. I have displayed the wing chun as I have been taught (as we all know there are many subtle differences we all have with the forms etc) comment more about how the site works and teaches.

The site can be found at www.wingchuninteractive.com (http://www.wingchuninteractive.com) it uses flash animation, sound and video.

So please have a look, fill out the questionnaires and tell me what you think. By Tuesday 14th May if you can.

Comments welcome, be gentle.

old jong
05-08-2002, 05:53 PM
I enjoyed your site! Very good!

burnsypoo
05-08-2002, 07:02 PM
you've obviously put a lot of time into this thing, nice work.

couple suggestions :

even out the audio levels. The sound effects were quiet, while the names of the techniques were almost overdriven loud.

replay : put a "replay" button to review the animation, as opposed to having to hit "back" and then "play" again everytime.

other than that, looks pretty tight, you should be proud.
-BP-

IronFist
05-08-2002, 09:43 PM
Excellent. Looks like you spent a lot of time on this.

One suggestion. When you have the text on the sides describing parts of the forms, make the arrows make it scroll down faster. The text moved pretty slow which might annoy some people.

Other than that, very good.

IronFist

glenn richards
05-08-2002, 11:30 PM
Well done!!!

stuartm
05-09-2002, 12:36 AM
Excellent - really enjoyed. Now lets see Chum Kil and Bil Jee !!

Stuart

red5angel
05-09-2002, 07:09 AM
Awesome sight!

dezhen2001
05-09-2002, 07:43 AM
nice site man :)

I'm studying MM as well, Flash is a very useful tool!To get a realistic looking human movement is a pain in da ass... have u thought about using 3d studio-max or soft image? Would take a while but would definately be worth it :) Oh - ur hand in is VERY SOON so no way :p

The navigation, colours and content was pretty cool, so good luck with it all. Hope u get a good grade!

david

dre_doggX
05-09-2002, 07:55 AM
Impressive

Dragonhand
05-09-2002, 02:24 PM
Great site. Keep up the good work...

rubthebuddha
05-10-2002, 04:52 PM
this bugger has mad skills. by the time he gets to biu tze, he'll be good enough to show yip man doing it. :)

gnugear
05-10-2002, 10:23 PM
Well done! Looks like you had a fun time designing the site.

I tried the questionaire but got a connection failure. Maybe it's a mac thing?

dezhen2001
05-11-2002, 02:47 AM
gnugear: i viewed it on a Mac and it worked ok... :)

david

AndyM
05-11-2002, 03:20 AM
Ha gotcha, you all checked to see if I was Ralek dintcha?

Seriously, this is a real helpful site, especially for beginners in WC like myself.

Check it out guys!!!

Andy

PHILBERT
05-11-2002, 11:22 PM
Incredibly nice site.

Leroy
05-28-2002, 08:22 AM
Thanks to everyone who took part in the questionnaire, and thanks for all the feedback. I got a very positive response from the site and some useful suggestions. After months of slaving away the site is fully completed now and submitted, hopefully I'll get a good grade for it.

cheers

and thanks again

dezhen2001
05-28-2002, 08:33 AM
good luck with the grade :)

david