PDA

View Full Version : Kinematic Reactions vs Pressure Points

fiercest tiger
04-10-2001, 03:07 AM
I have worked with both Pressure Points and kinematic reactions of the body and have found that kinematic reactions work easier and more effective for beginners, than DIM MAK (pressure points). I also read alot about people saying they teach dim mak and know about pressure point fighting.

Have any of you guys used kinematic reactions or do you rather hit the points?

knowing how the body reacts to pain, you know there defense, so they really dont have any defense if you know the kinematic reactions of the body!

YAU KUNG MUN KUNG FU uses kinematic reactions in basics than move on to pressure points etc.

Does your school use this method??? :)

Also do you think that dim mak/pp are useful??

:D thanks in advance

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

rogue
04-10-2001, 03:37 AM
People may react differently when the adrenelin is pumping, I wouldn't count on either. That's not to say if the oppurtunity was there that I wouldn't take it.

GreyMystik
04-10-2001, 05:19 AM
are the kinematic reactions suceptible to time of day and things like this? you know how some dim mak 'masters' say this "xyz" point must be struck at exactly between 1 and 2pm while the moon in in retrograde to saturn on the 3rd sunday of every leap year (ok that's an exaggeration but you get the idea)... just wondering if kinematic reactions have the same vulnerabilities?

lungyuil
04-10-2001, 01:40 PM
Don't they go hand in hand. Sometimes you hit a person in a certain area to get the reaction so as to expose the pressure point.

I feel more at home using the kinematics theory because the target area is bigger, but learning more & more about pressure point hitting and the meridians etc. i enjoy knowing where to hit more and trying to break down forms to see the target points.

Certain pressure points are easily accessible but others are harder to get to. The knowledge of the kinematic reactions and the points go hand in hand when used.
:)

joedoe
04-10-2001, 03:09 PM
From what I understand, kinematic reactions are based more on the way the body reacts to stimuli in a muscular sense. Dim mak is based on altering the Qi flow to effect a result harmful to your opponent.

We use both, but Dim mak is reserved for really advanced students. Much more advanced than myself :)

I have also heard the Dim Mak theory on which points to use at what times etc. My sifu told me that it shouldn't matter what the time is, Dim mak will work if executed properly.

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

fiercest tiger
04-11-2001, 01:19 AM
good post, thats why beginners in ykm use this theory of kinematics, if you know how the opponent reacts to being hit either muscle or nerve, you can have a more successful follow up.

it can give you an idea that the person can be in or out of range by striking certain parts of the body. dim mak can be struck at certain times of the day or night, each organ or meridian follows a 24 hr cycle and is more potent at different times. using yin and yang theories of the body can make it more potent or using 5 element theories of destruction.

greymystic
it doesnt go off time of day or if its a full moon
i have notes from my seminar and a 12hr video i have to edit down on this. ill let you know.

lungyuil
they dont go hand in hand persay, but can be used in the area of target your hitting if you have knowledge of pressure points. :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

fiercest tiger
04-11-2001, 03:45 AM
not just adrenelin but drugs, they can play a huge difference in any situation. i used to work in a psych ward in one of the busiest hospitals in sydney and we had to deal with drug addicts and psych patients all the time. some pressure points worked without going over board and knocking them out cold.

the kinematics worked good because i kinda knew what they where going to do when i grabbed, strucked, grappled or just reached for them. what im saying is you can set them up easier to take them out. your right in a way never relie on anything, but something is always better than nothing.

good answer bro! :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

fiercest tiger
04-14-2001, 03:51 PM
does your teachers show you and teach you pressure points for fighting? if yes, which way does he teach you?

or do you get most of your points and dim mak from books? :cool:

peace

yaukungmun@hotmail.com

WenJin
04-14-2001, 04:00 PM
We have Point Location classes which teach the points meridian flow etc....explains those for healing, damaging or both and directional strikes and treatment methodology when hit. Thereafter extraordinary points those not based on acpuncture are elaborated upon. Books are never good sources of such information. If your teacher doesn't do this some chinese medicine classes or accupressure is a good idea for real understanding and you then use this basis for further learning

lungyuil
04-14-2001, 10:49 PM
We learn where some points are. We have the acupuncture charts at the school and a few of us have them at home including books.
We usually break down our forms and look at the target areas using the techniques.

Sifu does show us some by inflicting a bit of pain using techniques out of the forms. He also explains the names & the results of the attack on the area.

sui-fuw
04-15-2001, 01:49 AM
the true bs power at its best[well done limp ging.you lie so well...] :p

BIU JI
04-15-2001, 03:10 AM
Did daddy tell you what to say? Does he still wipe your ass as well! What book did you learn your kung fu from ball breath.