PDA

View Full Version : And the point is....

Water Dragon
05-09-2002, 11:50 AM
My cross dressing thread is roaring away while the martial art =self defense topic is about to fall off the board.

If you're confused please reference the In case you didn't know thread

That is all

Thank You

KC Elbows
05-09-2002, 12:18 PM
So that somehow puts you on the high road?

Water Dragon
05-09-2002, 12:35 PM
Definately not. But if you look back to the In Case You Didn't Know thread and see all the replies of "Well, start a serious topic then" I think you'll see what I'm getting at.

red5angel
05-09-2002, 12:38 PM
nice! however I would like to point out that my "Red5angel VS Your Mom" thread is slowly sinking to the bottom..... :(

KC Elbows
05-09-2002, 03:33 PM
You know, just because a thread is martial arts related doesn't mean its gonna be a good thread, or even starts as one.

Martial arts = self defense, while martial arts related, seems to me to be like titling a thread "1+2 =1". What's the point of commenting on it? Oner person will say "no, it equals 3", someone else will get into 1+1+1, then you start getting into fractions. What's the point?

Granted, the body may be more applicable, but the title is weak.(Not flaming you, I've started a million weak titled threads that went to the bottom. Its just the truth).

In addition, the whole point of starting a thread isn't to generate endless debate. A thread doesn't need to have 400 posts to have covered the material necessary to make it good. I started a thread about styles which had push hands type practices, those who knew some answered, and the thread was done. What else is there to say?

I just know that I didn't come on here to be told how I should post, I came on here to discuss kung fu and take part in a (sometimes) fun community that exists. And I SURE did not come on here to be a part of your social experiment.

MonkeySlap Too
05-09-2002, 03:50 PM
I think clever satire ALWAYS wins over dry, been over that discussion.

Your satire is too superior! Double plus good!

Water Dragon
05-09-2002, 04:48 PM
Da.mn KC,

:confused:

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!, Kung Lek edited my post. For some reason, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

KC Elbows
05-09-2002, 05:14 PM
Sorry, must be getting surly with my old age.

My experience is that, after you're on here for a while, you start to hear people referring to how great things once were on the forum, and it mostly doesn't match up. You can remember the annoying trolls of times past, but they generally weren't any worse or better than now.

For a while, there'll be kung fu posts, then they'll die(usually because there's not much more to say about each single issue), then it'll be off topic for a while. Then back to kung fu posts. Its endless.

Anyway, sorry to be a jerk. I just don't like when people prove points that way, plus its been a reeeeeeaaaaaaaaallllyy long day, so I guess I just ran out of patience for a second.

Have a good one and don't take me too seriously.

Later

Water Dragon
05-09-2002, 07:39 PM
That's why I like you KC, you know it's all said in good humor :D

Royal Dragon
05-09-2002, 08:28 PM
Maybe it's time for you to take a break from fighting the Moo?? It's starting to affect your personality. If your not careful, pretty soon you will be all talking in broken English again!!!:D

Oh, On a whim Shaoiln Dynasty did a post titled "What the hell is THIS crap" and got like 300 hit's in 2 days!!!!

I had one going too, that beat his by a narrow margine, I just can't for the life of me remeber what stupid thing it was I posted to get such a huge reponse.

scotty1
05-10-2002, 12:47 AM
Thing is, quite a lot of us spend quite a lot of time a day on here (at work) and there's only so much you can say about general MA and Kungfu topics without repeating yourself.

Its like trying to write a really good song every day- its just not going to happen, sometimes all you can do is plink around.

And its fun plinking around, but frustrating if you never produce any good songs.

:D

Sorry, I'll get me coat.

KC Elbows
05-10-2002, 04:19 AM
Thanks for not taking that personally.:)

dezhen2001
05-10-2002, 04:31 AM
KC: and the Li Lian Jie thread ECLIPSES all other pretenders :D
This is related to DS thread about KFO as a community etc. if u ask me... :)

david

PaulLin
05-10-2002, 04:47 AM
Just to find a good thread, it kills my eyes. There has to be some better way to do this. I missed too much time on practicing, even if I find some good thread, it wouldn't worth of the time I put in here. I need to go to sleep now.:(

yenhoi
05-10-2002, 10:19 AM
Learn to use the search option.
Stop complaining (all that does is add more **** posts the rest of us have to weave our way through, and it keeps the **** threads on the top, pushing the good ones down more and more.....).
If your not capable of using the net as a resource, then go find a group of MAists in your town and talk MA with them, or go pester your sifu.
Chatter chatter.

Now Im guilty again too, ****.