PDA

View Full Version : YAU KUNG MUN GUNGFU IS WHERE IT'S AT

GreyMystik
04-10-2001, 05:09 AM
i just wanted to state that i have found a style that i can truly be devoted to. YAU KUNG MUN gungfu is definately what i have been looking for, and i am certain it is comprehensive and powerful in every realm. the more i learn about it, the more excited i get that i have found a martial art that i really enjoy! even the BASICS are important in YKM (which is in line with what i think about everything being built on a STRONG FOUNDATION of BASICS). i will train hard and hopefully see my YKM brothers in Australia soon!

[This message was edited by GreyMystik on 04-10-01 at 08:21 PM.]

BIU JI
04-10-2001, 03:34 PM
Good to see you're excited about the system bro, it gets better.Get started and tell us what you think.

wisdom mind
04-10-2001, 04:29 PM
its a great feeling to know that you are on the correct path for thyself.

what do you like about ykm/its basics?

where do you learn ykm?

peace

GreyMystik
04-10-2001, 04:46 PM
i like the fact that it is a very direct/no-nonsense system... from start to finish it seems to be all about taking your opponent out in as little time possible, not some 'stand-up slug-it-out' type thing... it appears that every move is deliberate, designed for maximum efficiency and defense at the same time-always protecting yourself while at the same time devastating your opponent. these are my initial impressions, as i further my training i will strengthen them. :)

Buby
04-10-2001, 06:19 PM
GreyMystik - What's up Bro? How's training going? Glad to see that you like the training.

I'm feeling all beat up from yesterdays training. Lots of sol kuil(sp?) training. My ribs, waist, shoulders, arms and hands are feeling it. **** it feels great.

Centerline - How's everything God?
GreyMystik is my KF Bro. We study under the same sifu, FT.

YKM's first level(from what i have so far) contains stances(no just moving, but how to use them when fighting), punches, kicks, intro. to centerline theory(as i put it), conditioning, proper breathing, proper body positioning while in stances, our first form(Tung Jee Kuen) and it's fighting applications. Oh we also have sensitivity drills and some punching and kicking drills.

Thats one of the main reasons I love studing under sifu. We have lots of drills and they are practiced in a realistic manner. So far everything I've learned is hardcore kungfu and is practiced realisticly. I usually practice with my cousin who's a boxer. We can go at it for hours just drilling away at the pads.

Anyway hope this helped.

By the I received the sweatwater catalogs. Holla back.

Buby

wisdom mind
04-10-2001, 08:08 PM
peace God!

We need to conect on that for sure, im planning to gig a few spots this summer, as well as solo projects.......lets chat sometime!

My training is swell, I just got over nasty food poisoning so ill be back in training harcore on friday with the clan.

Bu-God do you find that YKM mixes with JKD and other styles? I find that shaolin crane mixes well with pak mei...

Im sure if you connect YKM with JKD youd be moe than aight....knowwhatimean? :)

take care

I and I

fiercest tiger
04-11-2001, 03:52 AM
centerline,

whats up! ykm doesnt need to be mixed with jkd or anything.

jkd and baqua yes thats what i would like to see. :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

BIU JI
04-11-2001, 02:01 PM
Jack of all trades!

Buby
04-11-2001, 04:12 PM
What's the deal god? Hopefully all is well.

As far mixing my JKD with my YKM goes, I wouldn't mix the two. YKM is already a complete system and very effective at that.

If I tell you that my old JKD instructor saw a tape of mine on YKM and couldn't believe what he was seeing. YKM and the way sifu teaches it is raw, very hardcore, and very street effective.

When I was training in JKD I was taught to exchange punches(if I'm lucky enough I'll knock the person out), but in YKM I'm taught to go for the kill. There are no second chances.

It's not to say that jkd is less effective, because all schools of jkd aren't the same. Nor am I saying that what I learned in jkd was a waste or that it's no good(cause god knows it's saved my butt plenty of times), but I've found a traditional kungfu system that better suits me, my attitude and the way I view fight should be handled.

Would you mix you're Japanese/Korean MA background with your new studies? Especially if you felt that what you are learning now has given you a better foundation and covers far more with crazy detail. I think not.

I guess we can both consider ourselves very lucky to have found home. Train hard God!! :) Also give my regards to your fam(Broz. of Wu and wifey).

I'll give you a call this weekend to discuss biz. cause my lil bro. is spitten fire. Plus we got one or two more cats for you to listen too.

God, have you heard Puns new shhh...Off the wall I tell ya. Ya gotta check it out.

Take care,
Bub

[This message was edited by Buby on 04-12-01 at 07:22 AM.]

wisdom mind
04-11-2001, 05:44 PM
FT-it would indeed be interesting to see jkd with bagua as both styles stress individuality and personal flavour..i know neither style so i cannot comment, love to see it though.

God- I think its great that you got your training on. Before you mentioned how skilled the jkd cat is/was. Im happy to hear that your new clan offers you that much more, especially the fact that the jkd manz is impressed!
A powerful feeling indeed to be tapped into the universal tranzmissions and flow a tings sayin'?,

call me, im in the studio all weekend..new trax to hear, new format, shows lined up in the summer with opportunities for live flow on stage....

each one teach one

[This message was edited by centerline vortex on 04-12-01 at 08:53 AM.]

danny from miami
04-11-2001, 09:42 PM
where could i learn about yau kung mun? are there any sites?

HungGar123
04-11-2001, 11:15 PM
what is its origin?? is it southern style or northern style???

Hung Gar is the best...

GreyMystik
04-12-2001, 05:29 AM
ahh, my first 10 minute horse... Sifu inspired me to hold that one (it's all willpower, strong mind strong chi)... i feel i have begun a journey that i hope will never end :)

fiercest tiger
04-12-2001, 06:37 AM
you know as part of the first level grading you have to do 30 horse stance. so get stuck into it!!

did your legs shake and burn? :D good :p

peace

yaukungmun@hotmail.com

GreyMystik
04-12-2001, 05:29 PM
shake and burn, shake and burn :D
i was sweating like a hog too! heheh
this is a good chi-building exercise too, yes?

BIU JI
04-13-2001, 02:16 AM
There is one site I know of at the moment at yaukungmoon.com but FT here on the forum will be having an Australian site up soon. The one mentioned is the USA site, has history etc for those who want to know. There is several schools in the states and FT is running corrospondence courses also , so if interested get in contact with him.
A couple of guys here can vouch for thr quality of the courses.

tnwingtsun
04-13-2001, 08:26 AM
"Yau-Kung-Mun(school of softness)evolved from the White Eyebrow System and has proved itself respectable
in the Martail arts circle"
Dr.YQ Wong
My Sifu's words,good enough for me,you guys
have a good Sifu with good morals,work hard. :cool:

lungyuil
04-13-2001, 10:01 AM
tnwingtsun,
now that is good to hear. Some people have said some things where YKM is concerned but we know what our system is all about. :)

sui-fuw
04-15-2001, 01:39 AM
don't forget children ykm will die,be honest as limp ging as your leader what real power do you lot have? i know bs power in its true form... :p

Buby
04-15-2001, 05:30 PM
"i know bs power in its true form..." -Sui-Fuw

Of course you do and we've known that all the time. Why else would we consider you such a joke. :p

Buby

CLOUD ONE
04-16-2001, 02:46 AM
Hows it going?
Long time no hear!
Have you checked out F.T webpage?
They call that short fist, ha ha. I knew he was a con man!!!
No wonder he can't produce that powerful ging!!!
(your words F.T, not mine)
From your pics, it looks like you haven't worked as hard as you think on your Ma-Bo.
Sui Fuw your right, YKM will die, esp from this teacher. I wasn't too sure before, but from his webpage, I have no doubt.
Is that BUI JI in the pics with you?(si fu sam)

fiercest tiger
04-16-2001, 02:59 AM
it may suprise you to find out that i dont care what you think.

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

joedoe
04-16-2001, 05:09 AM
I don't know what FT's kung fu is like, and I have had trouble getting onto his site. All I can say is that I have met the man and he is a good man. If he is your teacher, then you could do a hell of a lot worse.

FT, don't worry about the jokers. You know how good your kung fu is :)

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

fiercest tiger
04-16-2001, 05:19 AM
what trouble did you have getting in the site?

also someone here wants to meet with you about ng cho kuen! his name is Ron he has a couple of post up, the goju karate aussie:) give him an email, he wants to meet you guys. :)

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

joedoe
04-16-2001, 07:07 AM
FT,

I got onto your site. Looks great. I'll have a look at some of the photos later when I've got more time.

I'll also get in touch with Ron. Thanks for the heads up :)

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

BIU JI
04-16-2001, 12:22 PM
Clown 1 , where's your site huh?! you don't have one because you know you're full of s**t and don't have enough ging to ****, that truly is useless.
Give it a rest !

CLOUD ONE
04-16-2001, 03:25 PM
Your loyalty to F.T is commendable.
Has he shown you that powerful ging yet.
Well from the words of 'Barnaum'
THERE IS A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE.

Oh yes I forgot he's training for that power.
It looks like he needs to train a bit harder.

Theres one thing that doesn't make sense, Is your teacher Shoalin or Toaist??????
oops have I let the cat out of the bag?

Your con tecniques are as good as your kung fu?

It wouldn't surprise me since probably your ancesters were convicts.

That's if you know who your ancesters were?

Buby
04-16-2001, 05:48 PM
There is one thing I don't understand...Are you a d*ckhead all the times or just a plain d*ck? OOOPS, did I let the cat out the bag?

Do you know who your ancesters WERE? Child one you need to relax, you don't want to upset me.
Don't make me put you over my knee and spank ya like when you were younger.

Ohhh I forgot you took a liking to that after my finger slipped in your butt by accident. Yeah, that's right, that's why I stopped spanking ya.

Sorry FT, it's all my fault. You see one day I was spanking my boy clown one, when my finger accidentally stuck him in the butt and he's been fruity ever since.

I think he has the hots for you. That's why he and his lover fufu are on you like rice on beans. My bad buddy.

FT you have my blessings to layth the smackth downth on their candy as*es.(And I mean candy as*es :D )

Boy what I told about walking around with your thumb in your butt.LOL I wish I had never spanked him.

Buby

[This message was edited by Buby on 04-17-01 at 08:54 AM.]

GreyMystik
04-16-2001, 06:06 PM
BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

:D :cool: :) ;)

Buby
04-16-2001, 06:50 PM
What up bro!!!!

How's training going? Sore yet?LOL

Have you taken a look a the site yet, pretty cool huh.

Well train hard bro. I'll drop ya an e-mail soon.

Take care,
Buby

GreyMystik
04-17-2001, 12:28 AM
Hey bro, what's up... training was a little slow starting, but i'm on top of it now!
we'll talk soon man...
keep up the hard work!
p.s. the site rocks!