PDA

View Full Version : Xingyi or Bagua

Joe
05-09-2002, 03:32 PM
First off i'd like to say im fully aware that it is the person taking the art and not the art itself that determines the winner of the fight...
OK, lets say there are 2 people one takes Hsing-I and one Bagua.
they are the same hieght/weight (lets say 5'10 200lbs) and both are both masters of their art. Who do you think would win the fight and why?

norther practitioner
05-09-2002, 03:40 PM
Judging by The One, Bagua

Joe
05-09-2002, 03:43 PM
I'm not sure but i would think Xing yi would have the advantage becasue it uses linear attacks as opposed to "round" attacks, and as we all now im sure the fastest way between 2 points is a stright line:D

norther practitioner
05-09-2002, 03:46 PM
Using your methodology of thinking....Baguas circles would provide easy escapes from linear attacks.

Felipe Bido
05-09-2002, 04:06 PM
Xing Yi is not only fixed on linear attacks...you'll be surprised of what a Xing Yi fighter can do if you go around his back...

The heart wins the fight.

count
05-09-2002, 04:23 PM
Bagua isn't about fighting while walking in circles either. Anyway Felipe Bido

The heart wins the fight.
I thought it was mind and intent that wins the fight for you?;)

Felipe Bido
05-09-2002, 04:38 PM
Actually Count, I was talking about the heart of both fighters. He with the biggest determination to win, will do.

I am very aware that Bagua isn't only circular forms. I've been straight-slapped a few times :D

count
05-09-2002, 04:55 PM
You mean "straight slapped" as opposed to "bit-ch slapped"? :D Just kidding around, I know you are aware of bagua ;)

NorthernMantis
05-09-2002, 04:58 PM
They each share a little bit of each other believe it or not. There are two types of xing yi, I think the Beijing branch shares more Ba Gua stuff in it. I'm not sure but most internalists know this better than I do. Well, as the story goes ... back in the day two masters met and did battle. One was ba gua and the other did xing yi. They fought for 3 days and it was a draw. Ever since that day they were good friends and learned form one another. While the story may not be true xing yi and ba gua people have always learned from one another.

Joe
05-10-2002, 03:14 PM
any other opinions?

Kumkuat
05-10-2002, 05:22 PM
Yeah XingYi. Because I flipped a coin and it told me.