PDA

View Full Version : Bigger, stronger, better - what do you do?

MonkeySlap Too
05-09-2002, 03:55 PM
What are your strategies for this scenario? How do handle someone who is bigger, stronger and better skilled than you are?

I take an isolation approach. I rely on decoy tactics to destroy individual targets until the opponent is weakened and I can 'take out the garbage'. It can be anything from sensitive area strikes to Qin Na - anything, as long as I do not position the opponent to where they can use thier superior strength to overpower my technique.

I also work against their will by hitting the same spots over and over.

If it is life threatening I just take out thier knees.
Or pull a weapon :)

Stacey
05-09-2002, 04:07 PM
1. suprise
2. Ruthlessness
3. Relentlessness
4. Verbal distraction to fog their mind.
5. Eyes and balls.
6. bite...no one trains for this.
7. Stick finger in orifices
8. IF your in his guard on your back, make the sounds of a woman cumming, stratch into his back and screem out his name. As he revolts trying to perish the thought, use this to roll him or apply a technique. (see number 4)
9. Pressure points, ****ing, using tools in your environment.

of you can just say "sorry"

did a mention kicking them in the knees

Or course if the reverse the initial attack, your fuct.

Black Jack
05-09-2002, 04:13 PM
"Bigger, stronger and better skilled"-

Thats a very tall order to beat, IMHO it would have to come down to my aggression, I would have to want the victory more than him, to put a cost on my ass kicking that he would not want to pay.

It would have to be a mental thing, he is more stronger and more skilled, thus being more skilled I am toast on a sheer blow for blow level, so I would have to take a different route.

Be pre-emptive if possible, go for the golden weakspots that nobody can protect, no matter there size, the eyes, throat, groin, knees, feet, small joints, let out the animal and put on the forward pressure, use elbows, knees, bite the *****s nose off and spit it back at him, claw at his eyes, chop away at his throat, not just to hit but to flatten his windpipe, cup hand blows to his ears, stomp his kneecaps, if I can grab something as a weapon use it, if I can deploy me own weapons use them, my main goal is to not let up the pressure, to not have a pressure vacum.

I don't have a specific plan, just things I like to do, after the first 1-3 planned blows, the rest is chaos anyway.

joedoe
05-09-2002, 04:34 PM
Cower, whimper, cry like a girl and beg for mercy?

RENEGADE_MONK
05-09-2002, 04:40 PM
Bigger, Stronger, Faster

Hmmmm

If my life was not on the line I would not be fighting this type of person or any other person regardless if he were smaller than myself, But in case if it is life threatening........ just because I practice MA......... dosen't mean I can't carry a GUN!!!

Fu-Pow
05-09-2002, 05:05 PM
Pray that this scenario isn't taking place in a prison?

Water Dragon
05-09-2002, 05:10 PM
Sounds like an impossible scenario to me.

Martial arts level the playing field. The more skilled you are, the greater the size and strength disadvantage you can deal with. If he's bigger stronger AND better than you, you're toast.

Cody
05-09-2002, 05:15 PM
Fu- Pow, you certainly have come up with a worst case scenario. Interesting though, cause what this question comes down to is the problem of feeling trapped.

My answer would be -- whatever I was or am, use it now and hope I'm up to the occasion. a totality, not a technique. Not likely I would be in this situation except if it were a question of defense from real harm.

Cody

joedoe
05-09-2002, 05:18 PM
Bigger, stronger, more skilled? The only other factor is luck, so pray it goes your way. I guess you have to use your environment and whatever is at hand, but then again that may fall into the skill category.

Begging for mercy is always an alternative :D.

Legendary_Fist
05-09-2002, 06:15 PM
If someone's bigger, stronger, and more skilled you gotta be smarter, faster, and dirtier.

Wingman
05-09-2002, 06:18 PM
All things being equal, the stronger and bigger guy has the advantange. But it doesn't mean the he will win all the time. He may be stronger and bigger but he too has weaknesses, just like everyone else. Know his weaknesses and exploit it.

If the odds are really against you and there is very little chance of winning, then it is better to avoid a fight. A good fighter knows when to fight and when not to fight. Refusing to fight doesn't mean that you have lost. In fact it can be a victory because you have overcome your ego. A bruised ego is always better than broken bones.

"He who fights and runs away can fight again another day."

IronFist
05-10-2002, 01:10 AM
Roids.

j/k :D

IronFist

Shadow Dragon
05-10-2002, 01:18 AM
If you know that he is bigger, stronger and more skilled don't get into a fight with him. :D

If you didn't know than you could only see that he was bigger b4 the fight started. Strength & Skill are not that obvious b4 a fight.

And in that case you found out about his strengh and skill level by getting your ass whupped very fast by him and have already lost.
:eek: :eek:

So if he looks tough avoid the fight, if you get your ass whupped make sure that the damage is minimal.

Either way it is a question to which there can be no real or definite answer, as are most of the questions about styles, skills and fights on KFO.

Peace.

wushu chik
05-10-2002, 01:28 AM
Well, if this person's bigger...you can probably run faster....and evade quicker...so just do that!

~Wen~

Sho
05-10-2002, 01:43 AM
LOL @ Stacey :D

dezhen2001
05-10-2002, 03:01 AM
Shadow Dragon: good post :)

what would i do - cr@p myself first of all (might work similar to the rape defence :D), and then try to get away as quickly as possible. I'ma lova not a fighter :)

Actually, i would just do what i usually do, and try to minimise the damage inflicted on me. As long as i survive my training has helped me and if i get killed oh well (just hope it's not a terribly painful, slow way to go) lol
Praying for luck is definately a good idea!

david

HongKongPhooey
05-10-2002, 04:12 AM
train more

Shadow Dragon
05-10-2002, 04:13 AM
HongKongPhooey.

Good reply.

Ish
05-10-2002, 04:33 AM
give them money not to hurt you

dezhen2001
05-10-2002, 04:35 AM
what happens if ur skint? :p

david

Ish
05-10-2002, 04:46 AM
give him your pants and hope it isnt the prison scenario

HongKongPhooey
05-10-2002, 04:48 AM
Melvin him

Ish
05-10-2002, 04:49 AM
melvin him?
what the hells that

PaulLin
05-10-2002, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by HongKongPhooey
train more

Most higher fighter would not fight with low reasons. So just train yourself to be higher level, then less likely you will be fighting with a person that is bigger, faster, stronger, and better skill than you.

One more thing, don't think too much. Think too much before the fight will make you focus on practicing less, rest less.

Think too much during the fight, then you will get beat up.

Think too much after the fight, then you will regret.

So train harder and more, don't think too much.

Tae Li
05-10-2002, 06:16 AM
Paul makes sense as Im sure many would agree, but why would u gt yourself in that situation anyway? its just wa waste of time and energy....dont try to avoid it, just AVOID it from happening and yeah focus on training and being the best that YOU can be. DONT WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING OR ANYONE ELSE....thats a pointless situation. If isolation in training is what u need than trust your instinct.

Tae Li aka not making mush sense these days.;)

ewallace
05-10-2002, 06:30 AM
In mid-fight, if on the street, "oh ****...cops" works well. In the brief second dude looks around for cops, give him your best shot and get the hell out.

HongKongPhooey
05-10-2002, 06:34 AM
Melvin, It's from Bill and Teds Bogus journey. Otherwise known as a wedgie.

Suntzu
05-10-2002, 06:35 AM
I was sparring a guy last night who was bigger and stronger, but not quite better… what I did most was move backwards a lot until I ran into the wall… clinched while he continued to pound on my ribs than I held his arms so he would stop and when all else failed i grabbed him by his headgear and ripped it off so he had to stop... the jap worked pretty well to keep him away from me, but everything else he ate and charged anyway... this was my first time sparring with this guy, now i know what to look for from HIM i will go back and TRAIN HARDER...

if i ****ed him off out on the streets, i would just apologize to him for being born and walk away...

Royal Dragon
05-10-2002, 07:41 AM
Just perform the technique "Monkey steals Peach" and your good to go. :eek:

scotty1
05-10-2002, 07:59 AM
It's all very well saying 'just avoid it' but if we could all 'just avoid it' then half of us probably wouldn't train.

Or do you just avoid people you think might beat you? ;)

Sometimes you end up in an unavoidable situation not of your making.

dezhen2001
05-10-2002, 08:03 AM
Sometimes you end up in an unavoidable situation not of your making.

yup - and that's when ur burgerred :)

david

Tae Li
05-11-2002, 03:45 AM
Scotty....I did think about that, but like i said near my name...not making sense these days.

Dez....u sound like u speak from exp.??? bout having now control over a situation and being buggered up...i reckon we have all been there and done that.

I know Jet is the last name most people want to see, but I just want to add his latest quote cos I think it may partly relate in terms of advise to this thread....

J e t Q u o t e

"If someone learns martial arts solely to pick fights on the street, to lean on
it as a keystone weapon in conflicts, to use it to bully and intimidate others -
then that person, in my opinion, cannot be considered a true martial artist."
http://jetli.com/jetli/words/words_fanmail_0010.php?bw=high#001020

Tae Li
;)

dezhen2001
05-11-2002, 03:52 AM
Actually most of the things i have learned from training i've used in fighting, but more so in everyday life. awareness, clear head, way to think around problems...

Tae: yup, speak form experience... sometimes ur just not aware and taken by surprise so u have no way to control the situation. That's when things get a bit screwed up :) U just gotta hang in there...

david

No_Know
05-14-2002, 10:04 AM
"What are your strategies for this scenario? How do handle someone who is bigger, stronger and better skilled than you are?"

This is an impossible situatin for me. I could only come-across someone who had, at most, two out of these three factors.

Being bigger, stronger, more skilled, isolates one. Sets one up for ridicule or makes one feel out of place. If they are really good, then you would likely not be threatened by such a person. If they are merely better than you and you are not all that good then you would enter the range of dangerous morons. In this case remind them that they did not take their martial art to be a bully. That they don't want to hurt you. That they know better... Stuff like that. Some might feel remorse. Some might feel silly and apologize.

This hypothetical doesn't have them as faster nor smarter. So (needle-and-thread), one could still survive, win, do well...

Better skilled indicates that they have more training/are more capable in general. This doesn't take away from my skill abilities. And the little that I can do, or that the bigger, stronger, more skilled can't do, might be enough, at that moment.,