PDA

View Full Version : Good but Cheap Self Defense Weapon

Black Jack
05-10-2002, 07:09 AM
A Carpenters Pencil, there like three times as thick as a standard pencil, cost darn near nothing so you can carry a number of them and can be sharpened on one end to give your hammer fist a real nasty zing.

http://www.houseoftools.com/product.htm?pid=16128

I have been doing some research on tools which can be used as concealed weapons that are 1# cheap to purchase and will often be overlooked as lethal weapons due to there common place nature.

Not that I am going to replace my blades but there are some places you can not go with the old hardware.;)

Budokan
05-10-2002, 07:10 AM
Good but cheap weapons?

Try hands and feet. 'Nuff said.

Black Jack
05-10-2002, 07:14 AM
You forgot forearms, elbows, knees, teeth, head.....unless those cost something?

dwid
05-10-2002, 07:25 AM
Spit man, spit. It's free, and if you use it all up, you just make more. Remember the words of the sage who we don't see on here anymore....

"You guys obviously haven't done much fighting if you don't know about spitting."
-Spitting Backfist

Imagine the possibilities.
;)

MaFuYee
05-10-2002, 07:26 AM
i personally like using books as weapons.
i adopt tai chi straight sword techniques, and by grasping the book at the top by the spine, i strike points using the corner spine of the book.
it gives you extra reach, and is often unexpected.
i usually aim for the rib or armpit area, but also works well to the side of the throat, groin, inner bicep, or you can flick the book to hit on the nose, temple, or top of the fist/knuckles.

and, they're also good to read.

Water Dragon
05-10-2002, 09:33 AM
As a professional in downtown Chicago, I make it a habit to keep a brick in the bottom of my tote bag.

KC Elbows
05-10-2002, 09:44 AM
Babies.

Oh, wait, they're not really cheap.

OK, I like the pencil idea.

I'm fond of umbrellas, I have one I picked up based solely on its weight, its quite heavy.

I have a metal ruler that I usually have on me, it'd suck to be hit by it.

OK, dead babies. They're cheap. If you want, you can even make a handle.

fa_jing
05-10-2002, 10:01 AM
WD - sh!t man, I didn't know you worked downtown! I work on S. Michigan Ave, where are you at? We've got an exercise room in our building, no padding on the floor though. Maybe you want to lunch?

-FJ

Water Dragon
05-10-2002, 10:17 AM
I work across from the Sears Tower, the building right on top of Union Station. S. Michigan's a little bit of a haul for lunch, but I do take the South Shore home (Michigan and Van Buren) aybe we can do something after work 1 or 2 nights a week. I get off at 4:45.

Also, Crumble works at the Federal building.

fa_jing
05-10-2002, 10:26 AM
Michigan & Van Buren - that's a block south of my building, dude. I'm almost surprised I haven't seen you walking around. I've got a cold today, but let's meet sometime next week. Plenty of parks around, though much fuzz, plus like I said we've got a room in the building that would be OK for push hands, etc. Would like to meet Crumble, too.

PM forthcoming.

-FJ

Water Dragon
05-10-2002, 10:29 AM
Sounds like a plan. I can bring my tool bag. Just let me know what to put in it. Boxing gloves, NHB gloves, etc.

We can definately do some throwing/rolling, etc outside and some boxing and hand drills inside.

Anyone else work downtown?