PDA

View Full Version : Propel fitness water?!

Kungfu boy
05-11-2002, 11:48 PM
Have you guys seen this commercial for this water from gatorade or something? Now they're trying break into the bottled water market with this "enhanced" water. Talk about really reaching....anybody this this crap yet?

Just curious

Qi dup
05-12-2002, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I've had it. It's actually been out for a while now. I don't like the stuff, it's really sweet. tastes like fake sugar.

PHILBERT
05-12-2002, 09:13 PM
I use to drink that stuff all the time when I worked out mainly because I was getting it for $0.50 a bottle (had some coupons). Now I perfer Powerade.

inic
05-12-2002, 09:19 PM
i'm sorry but i see no reason to drink any of that stuff. its mostly just water and sugar. sure they have electrolytes are whatever taht crap is, but people did just fine 15 years ago before that stuff even came out. stick to basics, water, milk, tea, wine (alcohol). those are the only things i drink. occasionaly some cranberry juice, and the mocha =)

PHILBERT
05-13-2002, 12:58 PM
Gatorade has been around since the mid 60s. It was created in 1964 at the University of Florida by some students in order to give the Flordia Gator football team an edge of the field. Hence the name, Gatorade.

Kungfu boy
05-14-2002, 03:12 AM
I just thought it was funny. I don't think I'll ever try it myself. I like to rely on old fassioned plain jane water, its what keeps us all going. Or maybe some orange juice after a workout to get the vitamin C. I hear it helps bruises heal faster, and in Muay Thai thats always a plus.

Later Dudes

Hai_To
05-15-2002, 10:11 AM
In all honesty, I think this is an attempt to break into the brand new "enhanced water" market. There has been Vitamin Water and Sport Water from Glaceau on the market in NYC for well over a year. I think it has expanded to most of the Northeast by now. Apparently, there is a market for it. Which means that now the big boys come in with some serious competition. This is where Propel is coming from.

Personally, I love the stuff (Vitamin Water). I drink it all the time. Its usually water with vitamins and echinacea, St. John's Wort, taurine, etc added (depending on the type you want) with a fruit flavor. Its is probably just a glorified placebo, but I really do enjoy it.

Paul
05-16-2002, 04:37 AM
My take on it is this:

I used to do triathalons and other long distance type events.
for stuff like that, Gatorade and like seems to help, quite a bit.

For shorter workouts of about and hour or so, I've always heard that fruit juice and such is better for a recovery drink than gatorade because it is more calorie dense.

Budokan
05-16-2002, 06:37 AM
FWIW,
Bruce Lee was a big believer in drinking juice after a workout.

PHILBERT
05-16-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Budokan
FWIW,
Bruce Lee was a big believer in drinking juice after a workout.

Well if Lee believed it, then it must be Holy. This the same Lee who only squated 95 lbs?

Kungfu boy
05-16-2002, 02:18 PM
Two questions:

What does his drinking juice after a workout and his squat ability have in common?I don't see the connection.

And where in Texas are you? I'm just north of Houston.