PDA

View Full Version : I need some help on a decision

NorthernMantis
05-12-2002, 07:53 AM
This Tuesday will be my 20th birthday and I'm low on cash so I have to pick between these two DVD's.

The first is shaolin challenges ninja with our favorite bald monk Liu Chia Hui (a.k.a Gordon Liu). The movie has a number of different Japanese styles go againts Chinese styles.

The good things about this movie: There's different martial arts used in this one and and whole lot of weapons

The other ,thundering mantis, stars none other than Leung Kar Yan (one Jackie Chan's kung fu brothers) .

The good part about this movie: It has mantis and I'm a mantis practitioner plus I heard Leung Kar Yan goes ballistic ,foams at the mouth, and beats the you know what out of an eagle claw guy.

So which one would you pick?

Former castleva
05-12-2002, 08:37 AM
Sorry,I know from very little to no about kung-fu movies,but I would stick to the actor(s) I like.

Silumkid
05-12-2002, 10:06 AM
It's your birthday, man. Guilt somebody into buying one for you, then get the other. :D

But if I had to choose, I'd get Shaolin...I dig Gordon Liu and am a Shaolin man, so I'm biased.

Legendary_Fist
05-12-2002, 10:46 AM
Shaolin Challenges Ninja is one of my all-time favorite Shaw Bros. films. I say get that one. Nothing beats watching Drunken style take on Karate.

IronFist
05-12-2002, 01:47 PM
Shaolin Challenges Ninja sounds dumb. I can't think of a time when Ninja and Shaolin would have ever come into contact with each other.

But I don't know for sure.

IronFist

NorthernMantis
05-12-2002, 03:19 PM
lol the title has nothing to do with the movie but I hear it's good.

Hey Silum I'm not good on the guilt thing but it'd worht a try.