PDA

View Full Version : Unusual/not that well-known type of techniques

Former castleva
05-12-2002, 09:20 AM
Some time ago I was thinking about techniques that only seem to be a part of only SOME styles.
Or are recognized as official genre of techniques.

Arresting Techniques:For the police.Techniques used only to "arrest" and immobolize a resisting opponent
Styles:Hwa Rang Do,Jujutsu (possibly),Aikido (is the only art taught to japanese riot cops.Arresting techs arenīt actually an official form in aikido,but can be used and is found effective (has also decreased the amount of injuries in these situations)

Killing Techniques:I donīt know what this actually is,never heard of it being an official form in any other martial arts.
Even though these would be/are in my personal opinion,normal chapter of many arts (like attacks to certain areas which we know...)
Styles:Hwa Rang Do

"Lifting " techniques (OK,this is my own free translation):Techs used to lift (probably resisting) opponent from sitting position to standing for further controlling (Iīm not familiar with this so if someone has a clue,please correct me.Thanks!)
Styles:jujitsu/jujutsu

Flesh tearing:I do see this as one of the many faces of KF chin-na,Iīve never seen/heard detailed explanation though (not to confuse with any misplacing,dislocation,muscle/tendon dividing,grabbing,twisting,sealing,locking,pinning or whooping
;) techs.) Could have something to do with raking or else.I believe someone hereīs able to explain.
Styles:Some wacky style called kung-fu :eek: :confused: ,(and again) Hwa Rang Do

Thank you for your time.

No_Know
05-13-2002, 03:18 AM
Also:

Arresting techniques: Eagle Claw (Ying Jow Pai).

Killing techniques: Cease air flow permanantly (or interfere with it sig nificantly). interfere with blood flow.

Lifting techniques: the end of ?Grasp Sparrow's Tail (T'ai Chi Ch'uan). When kneeling-stand at their feetpull them back, lift them.

Flesh tearing: slapping, clawing; Taijitsu.

shaolinboxer
05-13-2002, 07:08 AM
At Shin Budo Kai I have come across many restraining, arresting techniques, and lifting techniques (Sankyo is the big lifter and an excellent technique for capture).

The trick seems to be to apply these techniques effectively and lightly. Trying to wrestle someone's arm into a lock doesn't really work.