PDA

View Full Version : OT - Kungfumovies.Net

Hai_To
05-13-2002, 11:21 AM
I know that this topic most likely doesn't belong on the main board, but I knew I would get more views if I posted it here.

I was wondering if anyone here has purchased any kung fu movies from the kungfumovies.net (http://www.kungfumovies.net) website (which is owned by Eworld International of Silver Spring, MD). For all of your sakes, I hope not. I would definitely recommend that you save your time and money and not purchase movies from this shady outfit.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of ordering a few movies from them at the end of 2001. Huge mistake. Granted their website is spiffy with a large selection of old & new movies on both VHS & DVD. It was obviously too good to be true. I ordered 6 movies. 4 of which I received after waiting for over a month. I'm still waiting for the other two. Its been over 5 months. They are completely unresponsive to e-mails to their customer service (the only way to contact them as the phone number on the invoice was to another company). I did a search for their phone number (which was conveniently disconnected). However, the website is still up and running and I'm still getting e-mails from them touting their new arrivals.

Hindsight being 20-20, I should never have ordered from them in the first place. Unfortunately, I was impressed by the sheer number of movies (especially Shaw Brothers on DVD). All I can say is caveat emptor. Do not buy from them and tell your friends the same.

Why am I writing this? I am writing this for three reasons.

1) I don't want anyone else to fall into the trap I did.
2) I want to smear them as much as possible.
3) I want them out of business.

I have already told them that if they did not reply to my last message, I would seek legal recourse. Looks like I'll be taking them to small claims court. Granted, in the grand scheme of things, it isn't a whole lot of money. However, they ticked me off, and I can be very, very vindictive at times.

To make a long story short, avoid them like the plague. Quite simply, they are thieves.

Liokault
05-13-2002, 01:30 PM
Kung Fu films are sooooo poor.

CraneFist
05-14-2002, 06:52 AM
I would have to disagree with Begby as i purchase all my Kung Fu DVDs off of the internet, but mainly from ebay. Its great because you can always check the sellers history, positive or negative comments from customers and see just how many sales they have had. I've been able to get some DVDs really cheap and they all arrived within 1-2 weeks. As long as you saty with reputable sellers, you shouldn't have a problem. Also, Ebay does have options for dispute resolution should a problem arise between the buyer and seller. (God that just sounded liek a commercial for Ebay :-)

Hope this helps, sorry to hear abouth the r\trouble your having with that site.

Cheers.

CraneFist
05-14-2002, 06:53 AM
Holy Spelling mistakes Batman!!