PDA

View Full Version : ATT: Hung Ga Stylists!!

diego
05-13-2002, 07:49 PM
http://www.rising-crane.org.uk/kfhistory.htm

Can anyone tell me about these masters?, Specifically Deng Feng! i am mapping all links to hopgars genesis so anything, dates, anecdotes would be much appreciated!.

Je Lei Sifu
05-13-2002, 09:53 PM
Diego,

If your request for information involves some connection with Deng Ling and his descedents and Dang Fong or Tang Fong of the Hung Ga style, there is no need to look any ****her. They are not related in anyway.

In our past conversation you wanted to know if my Sigung, Ho Lap Tin trained in the Lama Pai or related systems. I had advised you that he did not, but still you post question about this and asked people outside of our lineage that would not have a clue.

Well, I'm here once again to advise you that in our lineage, be it through Tang Fong or Ho Lap Tin, is not related to the Lama Pai or it's sister styles. You can also ask anyone of the Yee's whether Tang Fong also taught Lama Pai and I'm sure that the reply would be the same. NO!

Bottom Line, we are not connect to Lama Pai or it's sister styles. The sets of Lama Pai are not a part of our curriculum. So please stop asking that question, because it does not apply here.

Peace

Je Lei Sifu

Je Lei Sifu
05-13-2002, 09:55 PM
why was the word ****her block out?

it's spelled

F A R T H E R

diego
05-13-2002, 11:38 PM
you spelt f-ar-t hehe :rolleyes: :)
I meant to right deng ling I swore i typed ling not feng?.
Was deng ling a famous hungga sifu as that site mentioned, i have never heard of this master before?.

Also from our old posts, Did you find that other stytle that makes mention of the term shooting star?,:"The Chinese terminology for Shooting Star Boxing is Lau/Lao Sing Kuen. If that is the question you wanted answered. The key to Lao Sing Boxing is to move fast and continuos. Continous or Lin Waan is a common terminology within gung fu. Some schools use Lin Waan Kuen also known as continuos fist, connecting fist or chain fist as part of their skills some schools will also use continuos steps. To some extent, the Lau Sing Kuen set of Ho Lap Tin could be consider as lin waan because of its constant movement and continous punching and striking. There is in actuality only one technique used in this set that is called Lau Sing. This technique is known as shooting star chasing the moon." Would you describe this technique please, i dont know why i didnt originally ask :-)

JELEISIFU WROTE:
The Shooting Star Fist is not particularly related to one style. It can be found in many styles and is just a technique. This technique may very from system to system in performance. To give an example, in the Lau Sing Kuen set that we perform, we use a Gwai Choi followed by a Kup Choi as our shooting star method. Sigung created the Lau Sing Kuen during the 1940's. During that time he demonstrated it for Tang Fong, who gave him the permission to add this set into his teachings. He used his years of Hung Ga training to develope the boxing method which he calls the shooting star boxing method.

What does this term mean?, in whoever reads this lineage, it seems its a key point in lama system!, wich im investigating, im curious as to what other methods insights are into this technique/theory???. Any1 know the chinese terminology for this,
Thank you.

Je Lei Sifu

Posted - 29 Jan 2002 : 00:16:38
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Chinese terminology for Shooting Star Boxing is Lau/Lao Sing Kuen. If that is the question you wanted answered. The key to Lao Sing Boxing is to move fast and continuos. Continous or Lin Waan is a common terminology within gung fu. Some schools use Lin Waan Kuen also known as continuos fist, connecting fist or chain fist as part of their skills some schools will also use continuos steps. To some extent, the Lau Sing Kuen set of Ho Lap Tin could be consider as lin waan because of its constant movement and continous punching and striking. There is in actuality only one technique used in this set that is called Lau Sing. This technique is known as shooting star chasing the moon. Once again the key to the Lau Sing set is within its name Shooting Star Boxing or Comet Boxing, your movements should be just as fast and as powerful as a shooting star.

Peace

Je Lei Sifu

The Southern Fist Subdues the Fierce Mountain Tiger

diego

Posted - 29 Jan 2002 : 04:51:46
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cool, so lausing means shooting star?!..perfect.

Shooting Star Boxing or Comet Boxing, your movements should be just as fast and as powerful as a shooting star.""That would seem, wouldn't it. The best one could explain the simile, one should picture when analyzing/playing with this concept.
Any idea when this term started to pop up in kung fu "written" history, any idea why lama holds this as it's foundation, and the styles such as hungfut, etc you mentioned Don't. Is it strictly longfist technique it's usage, The three fists you wrote, one fellow i talk to wrote those three fists are the key to his hopga, now some styles have 12 fists some 18, but its said originally the lions roar founder used 8 for his meteor fist technique, FROM WHAT I GET AS A BEGINNER, LAMA uses this as a whole style in it's system.
It is very interesting to me other kungfu systems, use this as a technique only, whereas for others its a key, Historically for one trying to get an idea of the original lion's roar tibetan lama gungfu, You could see how this is quote intriguing for me.

Thank you for the chinese terminology, one more key point for reference in my search.

Je Lei Sifu

Posted - 30 Jan 2002 : 04:01:36
Diego,

Glad to be of some help to you. Our Lau Sing Boxing set does not incorporate the long arm fist movements which is common in the Lama Pai. Although we do perform the long arm within the set it is only done a few times (aprox. four X). However, the set consist of movements common to Hung's Boxing Method. The one thing about this set that is unique and uncommon in Hung's Boxing is that the Fu ying or Tiger Shape is not use in this set. Although there are movements where the hands are clench as if it were a Tiger Claw shape, the method or Faht is not that of Tiger Boxing, it belongs to the Kum Na Sau (Chin Na). As far as how long the term shooting star fist has been used in the martial arts, I am not aware. I do have a book somewhere in my archives that speak of the shooting star fist which is outside of Lama Pai and Hung Ga Kuen. If I ever get a chance with my busy schedule, I'll try to look for the book and give you some info on what I have.

Je Lei Sifu
05-14-2002, 08:10 PM
No, I have never heard of Deng Ling. lol.

Hung Ga was so common throughout China, there are probably thousands of outstanding Hung Ga practitioners that we may not every here of.

Peace

Je Lei Sifu

P.S. I have not found the information as of yet, mostly due to the fact that I forgot to look into it. I've been extremely busy. Once I do find it, I let you know. Now I'm starting to wonder if I read it in a magazine article.

Je Lei Sifu
05-14-2002, 08:18 PM
This techniques is a Gwai Choi followed by a Kup Choi. It is used as a one two combo.

Ex: If an opponent attacks from my right I would use Gwai Choi to strike him and follow through immediately with a Kup Choi.

Peace

Je Lei Sifu

diego
05-14-2002, 10:04 PM
Gwai & Kup i know these moves but cant place the names off the head:) , this is good though, now i have to read up on hunggar, so i wont ask you to write those in english...Application wise i know what your saying and this motivates me to pull out my hungga links, check out the basics and such, If-When you find that mention of that style, feel free to update this thread?.
Peace

Je Lei Sifu
05-15-2002, 08:09 PM
If and when I find the info, I will advise you of it.

Peace

Je Lei Sifu