PDA

View Full Version : DYNAMIC TENSION

BIU JI
04-13-2001, 02:43 AM
In YKM our third level form is a dynamic tension called Yin Ching kuen which was named after the founder of Choy li fut.
It's one of our longest forms and it works you, so I was wondering how many systems have this type of form. I'm assuming systems again such as Choy li fut, Hung ga, Jow ga build alot on such forms and whats your thoughts on dynamic tension forms
What have you got out of doing theses forms?

Can I mention Hung ga/Jow ga?

tnwingtsun
04-13-2001, 04:48 AM
We would practice every set with
dynamic tension.But before that we would learn the set the way it was intended to do.After you feel comfortable with the set any movement can
be used with Dynamic tension,be carful when practicing internal sets,dynamic or not you
could hurt yourself.

lungyuil
04-13-2001, 10:12 AM
Tnwingtsun,
is this in Bak Mei or wing tsun. I think every system has dynamic tension in it for building the body.
Whether it be in the beginning sequences of the forms as in my earlier studies where there were usually 10 or so moves that were always practices and performed in tension. :)

TAO YIN
04-13-2001, 11:21 AM
Hello my Brothers!

Do you guys think it is safe to fully tun tou fou chum during kuens without transferring your ging energy into something besides the air? I have heard that when properly learning the principles of tun tou fou chum one must be careful at first and learn to breath properly or problems can occur. The reason that I ask is because some kuens I have seen in the past incorporate an externally jerk-like tun tou fou chum at the beginning stages????? Maybe it's something like External Dynamic Tension with the tun tou fou chum?? :confused: :confused:

TNWINGTSUN hows it going man?

TAO YIN :D :cool: :confused:

"With great power, be still"

tnwingtsun
04-13-2001, 12:22 PM
Tao,I'm waiting and waiting to heal up so I can get back to training ,thanks for asking ;)

lungyuil,
Bai Mei or wingtsun,is does not matter once
you can flow with the set and root at the same time(both sink and float,ect.),I know certain
sets are geared for dynamic tension, I've found
that you can apply that to any movement.
Also breathing too,I don't know the chinese name for it but it is in Bai Mei Chi-kung,
also those moves that are geared just for dynamic tension are great for soft moves as well,
I guess its a yin and yang thing.
One of the things I love about Kung-fu is that you can apply it to just about every aspect of your life. ;)

hasayfu
04-16-2001, 10:22 PM
So what is the benefit for doing Dynamic Tesion?
What do you think it builds?

BIU JI
04-18-2001, 02:10 AM
Along with others YKM's dynamic tension form is to develop chi, forearm , rib muscle strength and good for stances as it's a long form and focusing breath, though this can be said about many forms but it's a main focus with this one. It's not done at break neck speed but to pace yourself through , control the breath, finish with an even energy.