PDA

View Full Version : Cheung Beng Lam and scales!

Third Degree
05-14-2002, 07:03 PM
I met some guy who was a student from the Cheung Beng Lam - Ho Bun Un lineage and by chance we talked about pak mei and he mentioned something about using a set of scales to show how his weight changed whilst he performed TUN (Swallow). As we didn't have a set of scales to hand (surprise surprise!) I couldn't see what he was on about.

Does anyone know about using a set of scales to demonstrate weight whilst using Tun?

:confused:

Shaolin Master
05-14-2002, 09:33 PM
ah ha and increases when you TOU :)

fiercest tiger
05-15-2002, 12:49 AM
hello,

Long time no here!:) I was wondering why you think it would increase and not decrease when doing Tou? Im no scientist but can air be measure in the body, is this like the tense and relxed methods. When one can lift someone up when they are tense and when they are relaxed and air is out they are heavy?

Third degree,

Great post mate! well i hope this is what he was on about. unless his weight shifts from front to back instead of light to heavy?!

later
FT:)

meltdawn
05-15-2002, 06:03 AM
Maybe during tun, someone else stepped on the scale. ;)

I hope they can't measure the weight of HOT air, heh heh...

sanjia
05-15-2002, 07:55 AM
Third Degree : "I met some guy who was a student from the Cheung Beng Lam - Ho Bun Un lineage"

1)Third degree, are you from the UK?
2)I thought Ho Bun Un was taught by Cheung Lai Chuen? Or did you mean that he was taught by both?

Mark S