PDA

View Full Version : Fever of 101.6

Royal Dragon
05-16-2002, 05:38 PM
Well, I'm not teaching tonight. God, I hate being sick.

I have no symptoms except a feaver acheyness, and a slight stuffy nose.

Ther is nothing I hate more than being sick, I always feel like I'm out of shape, and the drive to correct that by training is always very intense with me. BUT, I know if I trie to do anything with a feaver, I'm going to pull muscles (I'm prone to this with feavers) and be out even longer.

That being said, you guys have to keep me at the keyboard all day tomorrow to keep me safe and healthy.:D

African Tiger
05-16-2002, 05:40 PM
Ouch. Feel better, dude.

prana
05-16-2002, 05:46 PM
I hate saying this to you, but, sometimes its good to be sick once in a while. As long as you recover ;)

But I hate being sick too, get better soon. :)

Royal Dragon
05-16-2002, 05:55 PM
Well, I supose getting waited on hand and foot does have it's benifits, but I'm DIEING to hold a good low horse stance for 3 minutes (tried it earlier, and almost passed out :( ).

I only have another month or so before getting called back to work, and I'm behind scedual with my training. I don't have time for this.

prana
05-16-2002, 06:14 PM
well I think you should abstain from practise for a while, at least until you have recovered. Otherwise you are likely to pull the sickness longer and if you are like me, end up with pneumonia...

MaFuYee
05-16-2002, 06:33 PM
wow! - my 'dim mak at a distance' technique seems to be working!

Royal Dragon
05-16-2002, 06:36 PM
Yeah, it works, I'm just no sure if it was you or Mooney that put the Kabash on me :D

Qi dup
05-16-2002, 06:40 PM
D@mn you Mooney, d@mn you!!!!!

Royal Dragon
05-16-2002, 06:45 PM
To the health section? how does "Health" fit into this post? This is an Anti Health post!!!

Qi dup
05-16-2002, 06:46 PM
Sorry to hear your sick, happens to the best of us. drink lots of water and watch old star trek episodes.

yu shan
05-16-2002, 07:57 PM
Man, I feel your pain brother! I take it as a personal insult to be sick. Maybe right now concentrate on some Qigong and meditation (easy for me to say) you must rest, drink lots of water, and don`t forget garlic, garlic, garlic! Good luck.

Royal Dragon
05-16-2002, 08:08 PM
I've been watching that all day!!!

That and doing various Chi Gong exersises everytime I feel down.

For some odd reason, I always feel an illness has to do with me being "Out of Shape", or not training hard enough and working out will fix me. However, it only makes me tired and dizzy.

Does anyone else get like this, or am I the only weirdo here?

guohuen
05-16-2002, 08:44 PM
Feel better Brother. The flu fairy crapped on me Sunday. I'm better now. Drank a lot of water.

Royal Dragon
05-17-2002, 02:23 AM
I had it down to 100.3, but here I am wide awake with the Shivers at 4:15 AM Chicago time waiting form my over dose of teylenol to kick in so I can sleep some more.

Kungfu boy
05-17-2002, 02:44 AM
The part I hate is not being sick as much as the days you have to wait after you've recovered. I was told that you shoulsd wait 3-4 days after feeling tip top to make sure I don't relapse. Those 3 days feel like 3 months to me. Just drink lots of water, orange juice etc.

Oh and don't forget the cold showers and ice pack on the head. Not all at once though, you might fall in the shower and thats a whole other scenario, also quite embarssing too.

What do you teach?

Qi dup
05-17-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon

For some odd reason, I always feel an illness has to do with me being "Out of Shape", or not training hard enough and working out will fix me. However, it only makes me tired and dizzy.

Does anyone else get like this, or am I the only weirdo here?

I think a lot of people feel the same way. I feel like when ever I'm sick I'm letting everyone down. Or like you said I'm out of shape. Or my qi is screwed up. Which is probably true. I also feel like i'm being a ***** when I'm not able to do anything because I have the flu. But, that's the way it goes, everyone gets sick. just take your time and let it take it's coarse.

Royal Dragon
05-17-2002, 11:25 AM
Whhewww!!, it's down below 100!!!! I feel so much better(well, until the Tylenol wears off anyway)

As far as what I teach, I run Kid's Kung Fu classes, and Tai Chi for health programs in elementary school gyms, and park districts. Right now, I only have the Taji class going though, BUT I'm working on getting a Gig teaching Shaolin Kung Fu at a local gymnastics club abd sports core.

I'm also suposed to be running a study group in the Tai Tzu Chang Chuan style, but right now my only student is currently learning from my Shaolin curriculem. Once he's got the basics down, I can start him in the Tai tzu "If" he's interested.