PDA

View Full Version : Hookers: Worth the Risk?

KC Elbows
05-17-2002, 06:37 AM
Do you guys use a lot of hooks in fighting, or do you find them too risky a manuever to pull against some opponents?

I think they're great, as long as you know when to throw 'em.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-17-2002, 06:50 AM
throwin hookers is funny.

i had one buddy who would pick up hookers just to drive them a good 5 miles in the middle of a nice neighborhood and tell them to get out. boy they got pi$$ed.

Kristoffer
05-17-2002, 06:59 AM
HaHaHa
Yes I do throw hook punches. :rolleyes:

shaolinboxer
05-17-2002, 07:35 AM
The hook punch is the only punch I've ever knocked someone out with.

Kumkuat
05-17-2002, 07:37 AM
well, you have to find one first. Since Lou Thesz died, there are like what, 2 hookers left now?

Royal Dragon
05-17-2002, 08:38 AM
How come you never post this good stuff on my forum??? Yeah suuuuuuuuuure, your all high and mighty comming over to argue withthe Moo, but getting you to post a real conversation on my Kung Fu forum???? Hardly ever happens:(

Oh, just for the record, I don't use hookers, too much chance of a dis-ease:cool:

KC Elbows
05-17-2002, 09:33 AM
Lately, I've been using a succession of hooks on opponents. Its from a step out of one of my forms, basically three rapid fire hooks to the head, using the waist for power(like any good hook). They are very tight hooks, and I mostly use them once I have collapsed the opponent's defense.

Sho
05-17-2002, 09:36 AM
I reckoned that this discussion would be about something else. My bad. ;)

MonkeySlap Too
05-17-2002, 10:48 AM
I prefer tight hooks over big loopy ones. They often come as a big surprise to the opponent.

fa_jing
05-17-2002, 10:52 AM
I have to say, this thread is a disapointment.

-FJ

KC Elbows
05-17-2002, 10:57 AM
Monkey,
IMO, tight hooks are the only way to go.

Fa Jing,
Dissapointed in your fellow KFO member, or dissapointed that you have to go to OTHER web sites to get your fix of hooker info?:p

chingei
05-17-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by MonkeySlap Too
I prefer tight hooks over big loopy ones. .

"prefer"?

there's no 'prefer' about it. big loopy ones will buy you a ticket to a big loopy nap.

ewallace
05-17-2002, 11:07 AM
Not sure if it's worth the risk. Especially when what you thought was a hooker turns out to be a jab.

Royal Dragon
05-17-2002, 11:13 AM
For me I use hookers to get "Around" defences. I don't wait untill they are down. After I hit them a few times, and they are nice and dizzy I find they will drop thier defences pretty easily from then on.

Oh KC, thanks for the big IGNOR!!! Your warmth and careing has been duely noted!!!

KC Elbows
05-17-2002, 11:19 AM
Just getting your goat. I have problems with your forum when I'm on my work computer, its always locking up on me when I go there. I'll try to throw more traffic your way, but I might have to change servers at work before I can do it.

IMO, your forum is a good one, I like the crowd and the topics, and you don't have to overmoderate.

Now, back to the hookers.

Water Dragon
05-17-2002, 11:32 AM
Don't like hooks. Love hookers.

fa_jing
05-17-2002, 11:33 AM
Sorry for not being more clear. I expected to participate in a high-level discussion of whether or not hookers are worth the risk. I was disappointed to find out that hook punches were actually the subject of the thread.
Honestly.

-FJ

KC Elbows
05-17-2002, 11:45 AM
Perhaps you should start another thread on the subject of hookers(those who sleep with others for money), as opposed to hookers(those who throw hooks).

Might I recommend a title? "Hooking: Is it all its cracked up to be?"

Royal Dragon
05-17-2002, 12:47 PM
I like Hooker sandwhiches too, but they are too expensive and the Girlfreind might object too.

As for hook punch samndwhiches, those are good to, my first South Tai Tzu from has a really good one to the side of the head. I call it the "Caveman" Punch because you just reach up, grab his head and "whallop'em one", but good.

KC, my Forum was down most of last week on account of Anyboard moving to new servers. It is pretty fast now, and your tech. problem may have dissapated.

NorthernMantis
05-17-2002, 01:57 PM
Not with gloves on. I find that it is very hard to do a mantis hook with gloves and it takes away the sensitivity.