PDA

View Full Version : Gene: XBox article

Lice
05-17-2002, 10:28 AM
Hi Gene,

I just wanted to let you know of a very minor typo on the XBox/Bruce Lee article. The game Virtual Fighter is actual Virtua Fighter with no 'L'. Other than that, great article. Almost wants me to get an Xbox... especially now they dropped the price $100 this week.

GeneChing
05-20-2002, 09:35 AM
...it makes us more authentically Chinese. :rolleyes:
Actually our site is riddled with typos (our mag too) since most of our staff is ESL. What can I say? I'm more dismayed that the Bruce Lee Xbox site didn't go live so the links in the article aren't up yet. I got an email this morning that said they had a setback, but they should be live soon. When the go up, I'll try to post it here and let you know. I've seen the preview, and it's look pretty cool.

GeneChing
10-25-2021, 09:15 AM
Getting the Monday of Halloween week started with some 19 year old necromancy here.

We have a few Xbox threads, but I felt I should post this here because it's one of the funniest ones. Maybe I'll add it to a Wu-Tang thread later.

https://www.videogamer.com/wp-content/uploads/WuTangClan.jpg

by Ben Borthwick on Oct 25, 2021

Project Shaolin is rumoured to be a Wu-Tang Clan action RPG in development for Xbox (https://www.videogamer.com/news/project-shaolin-is-rumoured-to-be-a-wu-tang-clan-action-rpg-in-development-for-xbox/)
Posted in News

A new studio called Bass Lion Entertainment is reportedly working on a ‘Project Shaolin‘ game featuring the Wu-Tang Clan.

That’s according to a report from Windows Central, later corroborated by VentureBeat’s Jeff Grub on his podcast. (Spotted by Video Games Chronicle.) According to them the project is in production in partnership with Xbox. It’s supposedly a “third-person melee-orientated RPG with four player co-op.” The report also adds that the game is expected to run for a “couple of dozen” hours, with a “rich endgame comprised of seasonal content drops and other updates.”

There’ll be all the usual trappings of action RPGs, they say, including loot, weapons, gear and more. The report also claims the game will feature both procedurally generated endgame dungeons, as well as tailor-made events. And Project Shaolin‘s soundtrack will apparently be provided by the Wu-Tang Clan themselves.

Brass Lion Entertainment is a studio founded by industry veterans including former Mass Effect designer Manveer Heir. Other staff member credits include Def Jam Vendetta, Sleeping Dogs and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Their website currently says they’re working on an “unannounced action-RPG video game”, so that at least checks out. While Grubb seemingly confirmed the studio as the team behind the project, he did say “plans could change” so make of that what you will.

There’s no official confirmation of Project Shaolin as of yet, but we’ll keep our ear to the ground for more. The Wu-Tang Clan are of course, no stranger to the world of games. In 1999 they headed up the game Wu-Tang: Taste the Pain (AKA Wu-Tang Shaolin Style) all the way back on the original PlayStation.