PDA

View Full Version : Shirts off !!!

wild child
05-18-2002, 08:56 AM
So I have just seen yet another poster advertising wing chun with a picture of the instructor doing a move, shirtless!

I am based in the south of the uk - and wing chun is very popular, but can someone shed light on why so many adverts (certainly in this area ) show the teacher half naked? Is it the same in other places in the uk or otherwise?

Am I missing something or is it ridiculous?

sorry, just ranting,

wild child.

Budokan
05-18-2002, 09:01 AM
Usually it's to show the defined musculature of someone's body---assuming they have defined musculature.

S.Teebas
05-18-2002, 09:28 AM
So I have just seen yet another poster advertising wing chun with a picture of the instructor doing a move, shirtless!

....is the instructor male or female?

Sho
05-18-2002, 09:30 AM
Only one answer: They promote Bruce Lee! :D

wild child
05-18-2002, 11:15 AM
So no one else thinks that it is sad then ??

And yes, they were male - but I like the thought!!!

S.Teebas
05-18-2002, 11:17 AM
I was going to say if it was female, well id be BIT interested in attending class/ work hard!! :D :D

chyisan
05-18-2002, 11:24 AM
My explaination would be that WC is a Southern style and it can get pretty hot in the south, so they practice w/ shirt off. Makes sense to me.

Royal Dragon
05-18-2002, 01:33 PM
People, people, people, how many tmes do I have to tell you the world is all about marketing?

The shirtless Kung Fu master are going to all be rather muscular, thus showing all the males out there that the practice of this art will make you muscular too. It is also good for the females, who are hoping to be around muscualr shirtless guys in class.

Sex appeal is the strongest marketing lure there is, and if you can associate your product or service with sexual superiority, either by developing a female attracting phisique, or if your a girl, being surrounded by guys with a femal attracting phisique, your going to be better at promoting yourself than the guy trying to scare you by telling you how dangerious the world is, and how Kung Fu can protect you.

I site the "Got Qi" Girl as my support

Xebsball
05-18-2002, 01:54 PM
I'd be licking my niples right now if i could reach them