PDA

View Full Version : hung gar's yit gung ging excercises?

fgxpanzerz
05-19-2002, 10:14 PM
What exactly do these excercises do for u besides help to generate power?

TenTigers
05-20-2002, 10:26 AM
Different lineages have different interpetations, so I will be very broad on this topic. In the version I learned, there were many benifits.
Developing different types of ging-hard, whipping, side snapping palm, inch power, sinking bridges,etc.
Basic and Advanced hei-gung techniques-small heavanly cycle, large heavanly cycle, standing hei-gung, packing the hei (a precursor to iron body training)opening up the major centers along the govenor and conception vessels(chakras)
Stretching and strengthening the tendons and ligaments.This serves a dual purpose; one of strenthening-ligaments and tendons are different than muscle tissue and respond differently,the other is eliminating blockages that occur in the joints and tendons allowing clear pathways for hei.
Pumping the lymphatic syatem which helps cleanse the body of toxins ,thus strenthening the immune system
Pumping the cranial and sacral pumps to circulate the cerebral spinal fluid, tonifying the central nervous system.
Be very careful where you learn this from, for as many people who are highly qualified, more are highly unqualified and can cause damage.

fgxpanzerz
05-20-2002, 10:39 AM
thanks for the info. Much appreciated. When I practice golden turtles, is the air supposed to be brought to my back or to the dan tien?

TenTigers
05-20-2002, 02:16 PM
Again, there are different methods. One method involves packing the hei, and it is drawn up through the legs as well as the dan tien, as well as the back to pack the kidneys and organs. I am not sure of where you learned it, so I would not want to misdirect you. These are questions to ask your Sifu.

BearBear
02-18-2003, 04:17 PM