PDA

View Full Version : Merry P

Brad Souders
05-20-2002, 09:00 AM
How did this weekend go at NAGA?

Merryprankster
05-20-2002, 09:09 AM
Brad--for me personally, it went rotten. As I've been posting, my game has felt completely off. My head was clearly somewhere else--so much so that when I got off the mat, after tapping out to a kneebar, my girlfriend asked me point blank "What the hell just happenned?! You looked like you were just going through the motions"--and she was right. I'll figure out what to do about that later.

Anyhow, the part that irks me the most, is that if I sit down and honestly ask myself if my opponent was better than me, I have to say no--I was worse than him for 30 seconds of a match that lasted a little over five minutes--and that's the difference between getting beat and losing--I was even up in the match!!!

I lost rather than getting beat, and that's unacceptable to me.

Now, that's what makes competing so great--there are so many variables that go into winning and being at the top of your game, EVERY TIME--and that's whats so amazing about guys like Cael Sanderson--to go undefeated his entire collegiate career is truly astounding because he had to be ON every time he stepped onto the mat, and he did it. That folks, is a guy with incredible willpower.

My girlfriend on the other hand, took third, and was so ****ed that because of the bracketing, that some girl she would have THRASHED took second, that she wants to compete again, as soon as she can....my kinda woman.... She triangled her first opponent handily, and lost a tough fight to the eventual 1st place finisher.

Brad Souders
05-20-2002, 01:25 PM
Glad too see you have been helping your girlfriend with her triangle but how does she get the tap with no arms in :D

My second fight in BAMA i was off my game. I was burnt out and really didn't even feel like being there. Luckly for me the guys corner helped me out by telling him to stack me instead of pulling out. Let me sink the armbar even with the sweat.

NPMantis
05-20-2002, 03:13 PM
I'm having a bad week :( Haven't trained for a week and a half as of exams and had a crappy time tonight, was really looking forward to it but I couldn't do any of the moves right, felt tired and lazy (I guess I had just come from a stressful exam) and generally feel crappy. Never mind, going to get back into training properly now my exams are nearly over.