PDA

View Full Version : Strategy of your art in 50 words or less.

Fu-Pow
05-20-2002, 02:50 PM
Choy Lay Fut:

"Harness the 'whipping power" of the body. Always attack at an angle, never give up ground, always attack even when retreating, if you see an opening never relent until your opponent is felled."

Chen Taiji:

"Make the body light and strong like a huge coiling spring. Stick, follow, neutralize and lead into emptiness. Trap the opponent in his own strength and clumsiness."

Mojo
05-20-2002, 03:33 PM
Hsing-I Chuan
' Steal that mantis' lunch money'

OdderMensch
05-20-2002, 04:08 PM
"hit hard, hit often and when possible hit first." - Wing Chun

Tongue_of_Colibob
05-20-2002, 05:25 PM
"Just hit em!" - Wing Chun

joedoe
05-20-2002, 05:27 PM
Get out there and kick arse.

Brad Souders
05-21-2002, 06:18 AM
First we try and poke their eyes out.
Second we try and smash their nuts.
Third grab a weapon.
Fourth hit them in the throat.
Fifth take them down.
Sixth break it and get away.

" Hit first, get sued later" - Total Martial Training

NorthernMantis
05-21-2002, 06:41 AM
Mojo-

Why you..:D

I'm not a master of mantis but this is form what I can tell:

Remember to always attack and visiously too. Put the pressure and make them selves open up. If he blocks break his arm off.If he kicks break his leg.Aim high to strike low ,aim low to to strike high. Trip them up and strike both high and low simultnneously(meaning if he blocks up strike the ribs or groin or vie versa). When left alone do not seek fight, if fight is brought upon fight with intent and brutally (only if there is no tother choice).

shaolinboxer
05-21-2002, 06:42 AM
Aikido:

Mu.

Sharp Phil
05-21-2002, 06:54 AM
I am a tenth-degree blackbelt in the ancient martial art of bull****su, the chief tenet of which is:

"Deny! Obfuscate! Evade! Accuse!" :D

---
This has been a public service announcement brought to you by Phil's Profiling Services, Incorporated (http://home.att.net/~philelmore/index3.html).

Chang Style Novice
05-21-2002, 08:07 AM
Hit until you can get close enough to grab. When you grab, twist until you get your center underneath. Then throw down as hard as you can. When they're down, break something unless it's broke already. If you grabbed and twisted right, it should be broken already.

That's forty seven.

And that's fifty!

yenhoi
05-21-2002, 08:07 AM
Kill.

Water Dragon
05-21-2002, 08:13 AM
Shuai Chiao Throw them into the ground
Xing Yi Beat them into the ground
BJJ Beat them on the ground

Stacey
05-21-2002, 08:23 AM
8-step.

Continious movement. Grab them and get to the side or back gates and hit along the way. Break at close range, strike to set up throws and locks.

8 Step can be gentle like Aikido, but its combat focus is like...break a shin, uppercut to expose the throat, elbow the throat as you throw them. A lot of zig zag and hsing I power generation., ba gua (and other) footwork and mantises hands. Not too much mantis hook in actual fighting. Also the long extension of Tong Bei. Intricate kicking, counter kicking and lots of suai chiao.

Shyun (old Wu style) Tai Chi- I don't know much, but from what I get, you are a beach ball, turning to uproot them, when they come on the offensive, they are swept away like undertow, only to be twisted and turned with their own energy, broken up and tossed on the rocks.

JWTAYLOR
05-21-2002, 08:41 AM
Control your opponent and his weapons with constant contact while keeping your body mobile and aggressive.

JWT

fa_jing
05-21-2002, 08:44 AM
Kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill

HopGar
05-21-2002, 07:55 PM
Hop Gar - Simply to destroy all of the opponents weapons at his disposal - that it basically to break every bone in his body or injure him so he can not fight anymore.

Budokan
05-21-2002, 08:14 PM
SCREAM like a whipped girl and urinate on yourself while groveling in the dirt begging for your worthless life.

Now that's MA.

Serpent
05-21-2002, 08:42 PM
Sh!t your pants and vomit all over yourself in fear.

Whos' gonna touch you then?

"The art of fightin' widdout fightin'!"

omegapoint
05-22-2002, 01:07 AM
Get out of the way and finish it NOW!

wushu chik
05-22-2002, 02:31 AM
KILL KILL KILL!

~Wen~

TjD
05-22-2002, 06:11 AM