PDA

View Full Version : I think its cool so I steal it

dre_doggX
05-20-2002, 05:47 PM
Ya I do chen style and am studying yang style from a serious of videos and books, my teacher has a habit of teaching the basic's of different styles as if they were the same thing.

So with that I am just going to take the five elements cause they are so cool, and healing, develop , lead and have eqivulants in color, food, etc. so I got to steal. Xingyi is cool

Mojo
05-21-2002, 07:24 AM
:eek: :eek: STOP !!!!!! THIEF !!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Repulsive Monkey
05-21-2002, 09:16 AM
STOP INEPT THIEF!!!!

Sounds like that you have precious little knowledge of what you're actually stealing, if thats what you think you'er doing?

TenTigers
05-21-2002, 09:32 PM
"when you copy from one source, it's called plagerism. When you copy from alot of sources-it's research!"

[Censored]
05-22-2002, 04:26 PM
So with that I am just going to take the five elements cause they are so cool, and healing, develop , lead and have eqivulants in color, food, etc. so I got to steal.

Yeah I do the exact same thing, except with jewelry and purses. ;)

Naturalkilla
05-24-2002, 03:22 PM
I think your pick and chose mentality is actually very constructive and good (unlike the others that have posted things on here so far). Just make sure you understand the unifying principles behind all the bits and pieces that you are learning. As far as I am concerned, what matters is that you have a functional art that you can get to work in combat (using internal skill in this case) as well as for self-improvement and health. If you can do that, it doesn't really matter what sets, routines, or even principles you have pieced together to do so.

Just ask yourself, "is what I'm doing working the way it's supposed to?" and go from there.:)