PDA

View Full Version : bak mei problem

Eric
05-13-2001, 01:52 PM
I am trying to get information on Sifu Eddie Chongs Bak Mei training. Including where sifu chong learned the style, etc.. If anyone can help it would be appreciated..

thanks in advance

RENEGADE_MONK
05-13-2001, 05:26 PM
Hi Eric,

I remember an old IKF magazine article a while back that featured Eddie Chong, I do know his background is in Wing Chun studying under Kenneth Chung, Leung Sheung's student. But nowhere in the article does it state anything about his BM background besides that he studied under a Bak Mei Master. You may want to contact his school.

I know its not much but I hope it helps

Self-Thinking Follower
05-14-2001, 01:40 AM
I believe it was from a classmate of his under Pan Nam, the Shaolin Wing Chun teacher.

RENEGADE_MONK
05-14-2001, 04:46 AM
I know about the Pan Nam connection which was another branch of Wing Chun besides Yip Man, I also know it was in Foshan China while under Pan Nam's instruction being Nam's last closed door student, but the question I would like to know is who did he learn his Bak Mei from

RENEGADE_MONK
05-14-2001, 02:41 PM
Good post Eric,
I've searched but could not find any info at all besides Chong's WC background. If there is anyone that knows anything about his Bak Mei training I would be interested in knowing also

handsome
05-14-2001, 08:18 PM
Eddie Chong's sifu is ***Chut Suk***, uncle seven and that's the name people called him in fatshan China.
Another topic on Bak Mei, how many of you have heard about the fight between Bak Mei and Wing Chun two weeks ago in China??? the other branch of Bak Mei, not Chut Suk's branch, the GM Bak Mei, the father and son team both got defeated by local fatshan wing chun camp and sent to hosipital for few days.

tnwingtsun
05-15-2001, 12:01 AM
What is GM Bak Mei??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

fiercest tiger
05-15-2001, 03:28 AM
i heard the full story and its incomplete! all i can say is your only alittle correct>..sorry

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

handsome
05-15-2001, 04:33 AM
Fiercest Tiger--How's your vacation in HK?...hope lots fun. Well , I got my story directly from both sides ( still many details missing ). hopefully you could fill in some......, I Know there're some more dramma behind it , next trip when I see the parties in persons, by then I might be able to ask a few questions...have fun in HK,

Eric
05-15-2001, 09:45 AM
I don't suppose anyone has links to something on "Chut Suk". I have been all over the place and I can't find anything on him. I knew Bak Mei is still sort of secretive but sheesh... I would think that there would be something out there..
My sifu studied under Eddie Chong and I am not sure if it would be disrepectful to question the Bak Mei lineage..

tnwingtsun
05-17-2001, 10:17 AM
Robert Chu wrote a piece about Eddie Chong in
IKF mag,he states that Eddie teaches Nine-Step-Push before Jek Bo,this seems like learning to
walk before you craw as "Jek bo" is the basic building block of Bai Mei gung-fu.
If this offends Eddie or his students its not ment
to be that way,if they are still offended,well they'll just have to get over it. ;)

FT,sorry I didn't get you that info,he has been in France and just got back today,having dinner
with him Fri. night.

beungood
05-19-2001, 06:55 PM
I remeber reading an article in one of the Mags about a Teacher of Bak Mei Kung Fu in the Boston Mass Area. His name might possibly be Wayne Chin? The article went on to describe a tought hard ardous training. Can anyone point me in the right direction? A Phone number or e-mail address? Also intrested in Wing chun too. E-mail me at beungood@aol.com