PDA

View Full Version : I got Master Austin Goh s Wing Chun Books

FIRE HAWK
05-21-2002, 10:22 PM
I am looking for Pien San Wing Chun in these three books by Master Austin Goh he learned from Lee Shing who learned Pien San Wing Chun Lee Shing also learned from Yip Man so what i am trying to determine is what in the books is Pien San Wing Chun from the Yip Man Wing Chun Lee Shing seems to have mixed the two wing chun versions into one .I also have a book called Chong Woo Kwan Wing Chun by author Master Joseph Cheng who also was a student of Lee Shing i am trying to find out what in these four books is Pien San Wing Chun ?

yuanfen
05-22-2002, 05:49 AM
A friend of mine learned fro Lee Sing and Joseph Cheng. Lee Sing
synthesized what he learned for his two teachers. The result -
Joseph Cheng stands a little more sideways than many Yip Man
students. Austin Goh does too many power rather than skill drills for my taste. He has added his own mix IMO.

black and blue
05-22-2002, 08:06 AM
Austin Goh has a website (can't remember the address).

Certainly not my cup of tea. Lots of power-based drills, weird uniform he wears :rolleyes:, and what looked like roundhouse kicks!

Also, he seemed to jump around alot when sparring. Looked like messy Karate or TKD. Each to his own, but in my opinion it looked like a bag of sh*t.

So there!

mun hung
05-22-2002, 10:39 AM
Has anyone else seen any of his videos?

Reminds me of the rap song - "baby got back" :D

Oops! I better behave! :D

stuartm
05-23-2002, 01:29 AM
His website is www.austingoh.com. He has a video out which should give you a clear flavouf of his WC.