PDA

View Full Version : "Recipes" for winning a fight

Chang Style Novice
05-22-2002, 06:32 AM
What does it take to win? What tools do you need? What's the right way to combine them? Feel free to speak both in general and specific terms.

At the most basic level, you need one attack that gets through your opponents defense, and a defense against your opponents attacks. You probably need more than one attack, so you're not just throwing the same thing over and over (which will leave you vulnerable to counterattacks.)

red5angel
05-22-2002, 06:40 AM
Attitude man, proper attitude goes a long way.........

Chang Style Novice
05-22-2002, 06:40 AM
not bad...needs some nutmeg...

edit - in response to Ryudot

David Jamieson
05-22-2002, 06:45 AM
still the mind, focus the intention, be unrelenting in your attack, maintain mobility and rely on your training.

This doesn't mean you will win, but it will help you to do the best you can with what you have.

peace

dezhen2001
05-22-2002, 06:45 AM
'stick and adapt' :D

Also, if u only know one strike or whatever, it's a case of using it at the right time when u know ur gonna hit, and are in the position when ur partner can't counter... same technique, different timing/position.

david

HongKongPhooey
05-22-2002, 06:47 AM
distancing, timing and rhythm.

Chang Style Novice
05-22-2002, 06:49 AM
What the difference between timing and rhythm?

Badger
05-22-2002, 06:55 AM
Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often.

Badger

HongKongPhooey
05-22-2002, 06:57 AM
your timing, their rhythm

Leonidas
05-22-2002, 03:04 PM
You gotta be in shape man. Cardiovasular strength is pretty high up in importance for a fight. I'd say diet too. It can be argued that "alot" of boxing matches are really a test of endurance and whoever has the strength to put on a good show for the judges in the last rounds wins -or- atleast has the strength not to pass out from a halfassed punch that has the illusion of a knockout. Most punches seem to glide off the skin instead of really connecting. Some fighters seem to lose from exhaustion instead of getting really pounded in a match. Dont forget to breathe properly too. I guess my post can be summed up in the word -Conditioning-

Leonidas
05-22-2002, 03:16 PM
Oh yea, i think rhythm has to do with the speed of the fight and timing is finding the exact moment where a certain technique can be used with the most effect, usually during a distraction or an opening in your opponents defense.