PDA

View Full Version : Bagua Tighthand

RAF
05-22-2002, 09:04 AM
Here is a very short piece of the opening of Bagua Tighthand (Hard Palm) form, first level, linear (without circles).

Just click on the xiao kai men picture: (the tighthand form is not yet available on tape. We hope to add more tapes in the next 6-8 months)
http://www.wutangcenter.com/videos.htm

The open hand form is also used with the deerhorn knives.

The second and third levels add the circles from the internal palms/64 moving form.

For example, in the film, if we added the circles, the first move involve the embrace the moon line (one circle rotation). After the chop, we would add a variation on guen (rolling), zuan (drilling), zheng (piercing), and guo (wrapping). The last movement on the clip would start the circle walk of "Hawk pierces (drills) the sky.

Throughout the entire form we would add lines like "Lion opens its mouths", "white ape offers fruit", etc.. The entire forms runs between circles and straight lines and traces out the 8 corners of the bagua circle. Hence within the circle you also have the linear.

The methodology is similar to the bagua sword form.

As I learn more and more about the bagua taught to Tony Yang by Liu Yun Qiao, all of the linear forms can add circles into form at higher levels. I found this most recently in the bagua leg that I learned It makes sense why they call the 8 mother palms, 8 mother palms and also how it is different from straight lohan forms.