PDA

View Full Version : Twin Daggers

Kempo
05-22-2002, 11:59 AM
Hi. I just wanted to know if there is a name to the twin (double) dagger form taught in the Wah Lum System.

Thanks

woliveri
05-22-2002, 12:16 PM
There is more than one Double Dagger form that _Has Been_ (past tense) taught in WL. I think only one is taught now.

don't know the name of either of the ones I've seen.

Kempo
05-22-2002, 09:29 PM
Can you describe a little of the beginning of the forms? I want to see if they are similar to the one I saw. Thanks

yu shan
05-23-2002, 09:22 PM
Good question Kempo, I was taught a form simply named "double daggers" A very nice weapon set, always wondered what the real name of form was. Hey Woliveri, you say there were more than just the one? What did it look like? Cause the set I know is awesome. I do know a dagger vs empty hand, do you know of this set? Hope everything is good on the left coast!

Joe Mantis
05-28-2002, 12:29 PM
There is more than one dagger set. I don't know the names of either set though.
Chan Pui taught one a long time ago and then somewhere along the line he stopped teaching that one and started with the current form. I think it was during the transition from Boston to Orlando.
Both forms start out very similar though.

NorthernMantis
05-28-2002, 12:42 PM
I've seen a double daggers vs. empty hand set. I thought it was pretty cool since the empty hand person used mantis (no it was not 30 moves and one mantis hook it was actual mantis). Don't know what the name of it was either. I hope I get to learn it one day.

MightyB
05-28-2002, 12:54 PM
7* would call it "Sern Bei". My spelling is phonetic, i.e. that's how it sounds to me when I hear the Cantonese pronunciation.

yu shan
05-28-2002, 07:55 PM
The empty hand side is basically fighting for his life, go figure. I think the form I know is a shorten version from years past (dagger vs hands). Nice none the less.

Joe Mantis
06-10-2002, 10:39 AM
2 twin dagger sets

Both sets start out similarly. ie: horsestance slashing out to the sides, turning, doing that again.

In fact there are a lot of similar movements, like the empty hand sets.

Not sure why Chan Pui hasn't taught this form in awhile.

Joe Mantis
06-10-2002, 10:40 AM
sorry, just repeated myself. Forgot I posted already.

18elders
06-11-2002, 07:06 PM
when did you see that set?
Not too many people knew that one, myself and yu shan used to perform that at demos. You may have seen us?

yu shan
06-12-2002, 10:06 PM
Mike Johnson and his Wife do the dagger vs hand, maybe that is who he saw.