PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching Celeberty Boxing?

Royal Dragon
05-22-2002, 06:17 PM
Nataional anthem sung by Greg Brady form "The Brady Bunch"

Right now, Screech from save by the bell just fought, and won against Horshack fro Welcom Back Kotter.

Horshack was very aggressive, and shoved Screech at the open, but Screech held his ground. The two exchanged body blows for a wile, but then in round 3 Screech opened up a can of wup A S S on Horshack, and took the fight.

Up next Chicago's very own William "The Refrigerator" Perry against some basketball guy........................................

Later, WWF's "China" Fights Joey Buttifuco famed NY adulterer.

Royal Dragon
05-22-2002, 06:27 PM
The Fridge is fighting the tallest basketball player ever, Menute bo (SP?)

You guys need to see this, the fridge can block everthing thrown at him, but when he goes for the inside, he keeps wanting to tackle!!! The ref has to keep breaking them up from clinches on the ropes!! This is the funniest Boxing match I have ever seen:D

diego
05-22-2002, 06:51 PM
What station and does it play in vancouver canada, im reading the tv guide so i dont have to watch the tv :D "lostboys-my favorite'quote" all i see is mork and mindy on the comedy channel and whos the boos, no boxing and everything else is crap?. I want to see fridge and manute...****

ReverendTim
05-22-2002, 07:00 PM
Wow...I'm bracing myself for people to use the Buttfuco/Lauer matchup as proof that all fights go to the ground...

--
Rev. Tim

Budokan
05-22-2002, 07:30 PM
Joey bet Chyna in a decision. Wow. I never knew chicks had Adam's Apples. :rolleyes:

Funny bout. Sorry I missed Screech's fight; I wanted to see that one, too.

diego
05-22-2002, 07:50 PM
WHAT STATION:::::::::::'

i'm down here:D

Budokan
05-22-2002, 07:52 PM
It's on FOX. I don't know how that relates to you hosers.:p

diego
05-22-2002, 07:55 PM
okay, eh hey dave you see the ass on the yank I THINK HE LIKES DONUTS
yah and sixpacks eh

:D

i hate that ****, my step dad used to always make us watch sctv"thats canadian snlv- wich brought the great talents of john candy, rick moranis and those other losers"
yah i dont think we get it, or its on in a couple hours?.

diego
05-22-2002, 07:59 PM
s-hit it starts in two minutes, ima check screech take out warshaw?, isnt welcome back carters screach like 60 now?, same guy right

diego
05-22-2002, 08:07 PM
bah tv guides wrong its on in a halfhour, is this like wwf or is it real, cuz thier is rap boxing matches and many a rapper has lost his hardcore image in those.

PHILBERT
05-22-2002, 08:11 PM
Hahaha, Screech actually beat someone up? Oh man that is hilarious.

diego
05-22-2002, 08:21 PM
well you see his mother was his manager was his moms, and it is in his stipends he would have gotten grounded if he pulled a columbone on slater, so he helld it in?.

Qi dup
05-22-2002, 08:28 PM
Sorry ladies, been watching hockey:)

rogue
05-22-2002, 08:46 PM
The Joey ButtaFuco / China match was worth while since I learned three things from it.

1) How to shove, throw and manhandle a women. Joey is the Yip Man of that art.
2) I can easily beat Joey's a$$!
3) Joey was someones b!tch in the slammer.

IronFist
05-22-2002, 10:17 PM
Did you guys hear what the ref said during the Manute vs. Fridge fight? In the middle of the third round, he said:

"Gentlemen, you have to box or you won't get paid."

Hehe, they weren't fighting too much, just kinda walking around and hitting here and there (and the fridge was tackling a bit, too).

IronFist

SifuAbel
05-23-2002, 12:26 AM
Joey but a fuk o is a no good cheating b astard. He was throwing p ussy punches and throwing Jonie like it was monday night raw. They counted those sissy punches he threw. This was supposed to be a boxing match. Jonie is no chyna, she has shrunk conciderably. The old china would have cleaned his clock. Did you guys see the big scar on her left shoulder? I guess we know what got her out of WWE. That throwing s hit should have got some points docked from him.

Heck, if joey butafulloftatoos can be on TV why not one of us? I could appear on the springer show once to get his level of celeb status.

thats it, i'm p issed. I want joey in a grudge match. I can be billed , "who wants to beat up a celebety, boxing". Or heck, lets make it bareknuckle on PPV. Me and joey one on one on top of the sears tower.

You watch, chyna will return to WWe to get a revenge bout with JB.

Royal Dragon
05-23-2002, 05:01 AM
Yeah, I got to be honest with you, China was quite the wuss. She kept going for body blows, and throwing wild "Haymaker" shots to no real disernalbe targets.

I figured she'd Clean Joey's clock, but he pretty much dominated that fight, even without the throwing. The guy had a violent Kill kind of attitude, and was genuinely full of himself. She couln't seem to get an upper edge at all.

He's got good upper body devlopment though, and a deacent gaurd and left jab. I doubt he'd last 1 round against any of us though, especially under San Shou or Kou Shou rules. But he was one of the better fighters in "Celeberty Boxing".

I want to see him fight the fridge :D I think Fride would eat him alive, and with a smile on his face to boot.

The fight with the fridge was the best though. He seemed capable of blocking anything Manute threw at him, but when he got on the inside, he couldn't box, only go for tackles which ended up in clinches against the ropes (Old habits die hard I guess).

I'm really suprised Danny Bonnaduchi wasn't involved in this some how even if it was just commentating somehow. Isn't he the guy that pioneered this event with his famous fight against Donny Osmund? I heard he also fought Greg Brady at some point too.

chingei
05-23-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by SifuAbel
The old china would have cleaned his clock.

everyone would like to see that old sack of **** get stomped, but the above statement is simply untrue.

[Censored]
05-23-2002, 11:31 AM
I missed it! Will there be a replay on West Coast US? Anybody?

DragonzRage
05-23-2002, 01:29 PM
It was some funny $hit to watch those people duking it out, but fighting wise it was a complete joke. No skills and no good brawling from ANY of the competitors!!

At about 200 lbs and standing above six feet, Screech was bigger than I would've expected...but after seeing his horrible movement and lack of power I'm convinced that even tho I'm only about 5'8" 160 lbs I could've handed him his a$$ without much problem...and that's in the boxing match. In a freestyle or streetfight I think I'd kill him. I'm not pointing this out to talk like an internet warrior, but only to point out how pathetic Screech is! AND the only reason I'm pointing THAT out is because he made me sick standing tall and proud as if he just won a real fight when all he did was knock around a 144 lb old man who was like half his height. He was saying all sorts of wannabe tough guy junk AND he even claimed martial arts! He said that he has been studying martial arts since he was very young and they even said that he had kickboxing training under Duke Roufus!! YEAH RIGHT! His boxing skills were pathetic! I don't doubt that he forked out a lot of money for a couple private lessons with Duke at some point in time, but judging from his skill, he obviously doesn't know nearly enough to be claiming Duke's gym. I hate that paper tiger BS.

Speaking of pathetic, I was REALLY disappointed at the 'Fridge. Being a former NFL tough guy I expected at least good brawling spirit from this guy. But he stayed on the outside, scared and cautious of Manute Bol's slow punches. If he had just rushed in and threw a couple hard body shots that fight would've easily been his. But instead he probed around on the outside (the last place you wanna be with someone with such a longer reach) and on the few times he did rush in, he immediately hugged Manute close and pushed him against the ropes without even trying to throw any decent punches. That's the trademark tactic of someone who is completely afraid of getting hit. I wasn't expecting the 'Fridge to be a skilled boxer, but I at least expected him not to be a coward.

Other than that, it was funny to watch Darver Conger knock around that Olympic gymnast and while Joey Buttafuoco was indeed pathetic in the main event, I think Joanie Lauren deserves respect for stepping in there with a man that much bigger than her and going the distance with him (and even landing some clean punches).

Chang Style Novice
05-23-2002, 01:38 PM
Fridge had reason to be scared. I saw him on Tough Man one time totally get his clock cleaned by a guy who had washed out of the NFL.

But yeah, he should have been able to take Bol if he'd had anything like a strategy.

Sad thing is, I think you're right about Screech, but he showed the most skill of anyone I saw there.

Royal Dragon
05-23-2002, 01:45 PM
Is screech seemed to be one of the only ones to show ANY ability.

I think he was just playing, and did all that body work early on to stretch the fight out as Horshack did not even cover his head. Also, I think all the theratrics by both Screech and Horshack were pre planned to simulate a rivalry between the two. The two probually went out for beers afterwards.

Buttafuco was nothing more than a bull, and if he had been put up against some of the girls "I" have trained with over the years, he would have gotten his clock cleaned.

Personaly, I'd like to see him fight some of us in a 10 round Kou Shou rules fight, with the proceeds going to charity.

Some fights I want to see,

Danny Bonnaduchi fighting anyone, especially Gregg Brady and Donny Osmund again

Madonna VS. Brittney spears

Mr. "T" VS. Hulk hogan

Jery Springer VS Oprah

Buffy the vampire Slayer vs any of the girls from Charmed

Any Gracie aginst the Rock or stone cold Steve Austin

Jeff Corwin Vs Stever Irwin of "Crock Hunter"

Gene Ching against any of those loosers over at Black Belt magazine (Go GENE!!!!)

DragonzRage
05-23-2002, 01:59 PM
Chang Style,

Now that I really think about it, you might be right about Screech. The fight was probably fixed for him to at least let it go a couple rounds. That would explain why he went for light body shots so much in the first round when he could obviously have landed more heavy head shots. In any case, he still sux, but it is sad that he was one of the better ones in there.

chingei
05-23-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
Fridge had reason to be scared. I saw him on Tough Man one time totally get his clock cleaned by a guy who had washed out of the NFL.

I thought that was LT on 'toughman'

DragonzRage
05-23-2002, 02:36 PM
actually both LT and Fridge have fought in the Toughman (LT is a regular commentator as well). CSN is right...Fridge got his a$$ kicked in his Toughman fight, but from what I remember he still fought much harder and braver than he did against Manute Bol. Who knows, maybe that first whooping he took caused him to become a little punch shy. You see it happen all the time...once someone tastes that kind of pain for the first time, it completely takes away their fighting spirit.

LEGEND
05-23-2002, 04:52 PM
This thing is DANGEROUS! No really it is! Having box before...u don't put in peeps with only 2 months experience in the RING like that! They should have at least trained for 6 months. Boxing is a brutal sport...constant beating to the head and brain damage...none of these guys other than the PATRICH KID in Celebrity 1 has full contact striking experience. And the matchup in terms of weight is ridiculous!

Joey Buttafuco would win EVERY SINGLE TIME against CHYNA...she doesn't have any BOXING/BRAWLING ability what so ever. And it shows that when PRESSED she curls up. He actually went easy on her.

Basic footwork is the key to boxing. And nobody yest. had it. They'll suppose put their weight on their lead foot not distribute it 50/50.

jun_erh
05-23-2002, 06:27 PM
I think Joey Buttafuoco was originally supposed to fight john Wayne bobbit but Bobbit got arrested. Wasn't Chyna some kind of wwf champion? I know it's fake, but don't you think they's have SOME athletic ability? They should have a winner's match. I'd like to see Darva Conger vs manute Bol. For no reason.

CD Lee
05-23-2002, 06:42 PM
I have got to be as honest about this as I can. I was expecting pretty bad boxing skills. However...

I was so utterly shocked at the pathetic skills I saw, that I was almost comatose!!!!!!!!! I mean, I just could not abso-friggin-lutely believe that crap. It was sick. It was gross. No excuses.

I thought Buda****oo, who is pathetic at best, could have won every fight, although I was wanting him to get his @ss handed to him. He at least, was agressive, and even though pathetic, he did some good things that work.

1. He put both arms out in front of him in a wedge, and blocked China's punches. He did this a lot of times, except when he ATE that right hand. That is a total classic self defense move that works.

2. He stepped into his opponent. That offset her balance every time.

3. He threw straight punches (pathetic ones, but straight).

That was enought to beat a former woman pro wrestler. But I would kick his @ss so fast, he would not even know the fight had started.

BTW, I talk tough, but it is my theory, and only that so far, that all of us would look much slower on tape, than what we think we look during our personal training time. But I swear, I would have kicked his @ss and knocked out that basketball players knee caps, 'cuz thats as far up as I could hit at 5'9!

GinSueDog
05-23-2002, 07:29 PM
Man they fought with the skill level of Kung Fu guys:D

Seriously though, I felt pretty bad for China. I think they said she got like two days training. She also looked a lot smaller then when she was in the WWF.

Legend,
Yes, boxing is dangerous but I hardly think three short rounds while wearing head gear is too damaging. Besides none of the celebs had any real power.

As a side note, they fought like anyone that doesn't train regularly with full contact. I am sure a lot of martial artists out there would look the same if thrown into the same situation.-ED

Royal Dragon
05-23-2002, 08:37 PM
I am sure a lot of martial artists out there would look the same if thrown into the same situation

Reply]
Speak for yourself, I would have flattned all of them, at the same time, and I suk bigtime.

CD Lee
05-23-2002, 08:39 PM
{QUOTE]
As a side note, they fought like anyone that doesn't train regularly with full contact. I am sure a lot of martial artists out there would look the same if thrown into the same situation.-ED
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't think so. I have seen and been in better fights than those fights. These are from people that do not spar, and they had fast punches and moved forward aggresively with bad intentions. I never sparred before I fought many guys, and I got inside, and make very quick work with hard, short, crisp punches. Nothing fancy, and no screwing around, un-coordinated crappy-@ss punches. I just don't think any of those people actually knew how to technically throw a proper punch. China did have a good right cross, but she was too worried about getting tagged in the face, and did the classic new boxer move. She pulled back with her head and body as she threw the punch, thus negating the power in her punch, and opening up her face for a target.

There is a lot to be said for a few simple techniques, such as tucking the chin, stepping into range, and throwing a punch as you move into the target with power. Very hard to do if you are not mentally commited to getting hit back. However, it usually keeps the other guy from getting off a clean hard shot as well, so you just gotta have faith in the technical basics of striking. My philosophy, and I have made it work many times, is you are probably going to get nailed anyways, and hurt, so you might as well knock the shoot out of the other person while getting yours. It is just a trick to stick to the basics, thats all.

PHILBERT
05-23-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon
I am sure a lot of martial artists out there would look the same if thrown into the same situation

Reply]
Speak for yourself, I would have flattned all of them, at the same time, and I suk bigtime.

I would of beat them all up (except Chyna) then take Chyna back to my place for some personal training. ;)

chingei
05-24-2002, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by PHILBERT

I would of beat them all up (except Chyna) then take Chyna back to my place for some personal training. ;)

you like women with steriod face?

PHILBERT
05-24-2002, 11:49 AM
I was being sarcastic.

Royal Dragon
05-24-2002, 12:05 PM
LOL on taking China home

Serpent
04-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Talk about digging up an old thread!

I just saw this show on TV here and remembered this thread and I have to say I was amazed. What bizarre spectator trash are the American people into?! Watching Screech black that old guy's eyes was appalling.

The Fridge/Manute fight was truly bizarre from the point of sheer spectacle, just based on the shape of the two guys fighting.

And a shame that Chyna (is that right?) didn't have a little more training at keeping her head down and moving in. She had the potential to knock Buttafuoco out, but just not the skills.

Who is this Joey Buttafuoco guy anyway?

BTW, whatever happened to GinSueDog!?