PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do Iron Bridge (board)?

IronFist
05-22-2002, 09:32 PM
I think that's what it's called. Where you put your head on one chair and your feet on another chair and you lay there.

1. For how long have you been practicing this?
2. What benefits have you noticed from it?
3. When you started, how long could you hold it?

I'm just curious because I'm considering adding this to my training but I'm wondering if it's worth my time.

Thanks for any input,

IronFist

dezhen2001
05-23-2002, 06:38 AM
It's generally part of Hard Qigong (iron shirt/golden bell etc.). I'm not up to that level yet though, it seems pretty hard going... Actually it should be the tip of your heels and the top end of your head. Don't know many people who can do that at all for even 1 second, let alond a greater length of time! Also keeping your body straight, arms by your side etc. is all very difficult.

Personally i would find someone who can teach this skill properly rather than try and do it myself... but that's just me :) Don't want to injure yourself etc.

david

IronFist
05-23-2002, 05:14 PM
I can do it for about 30 seconds with my head and heels on the chairs.

I don't know about situps... I don't feel this in my abs at all, because this movement doesn't engage the abs. Maybe if you add weight it would. I dunno.

IronFist

fa_jing
05-24-2002, 11:22 AM
I've tried this, I think it's a great exercise. Good counter to the horse stance, to hit the back of your legs, as well as strengthen the neck and back.

I do a variation with the head and part of the neck fully laying on the one chair. With a folded up towel underneath. I haven't done it in a long time, but I think I was able to go up to 2 minutes, if I wasn't already tired.

-FJ

IronFist
06-21-2002, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I use a towel for my head/neck, too :)

IronFist

dragontounge2
06-21-2002, 06:23 AM
3 min 2 months