PDA

View Full Version : Great Hung Gar in Montreal!!!

Sherkan
05-17-2001, 06:23 PM
Just to answer to a certain daoman, the Hung Gar school in Montreal is a good one.
I just want everybody to know it :-)

old jong
05-17-2001, 09:15 PM
Hey,give us some details about that school! Is there a web site? ;)

C'est la vie!

Sherkan
05-17-2001, 09:37 PM
Well you see, I'm not saying it is the best school ever, but I think it is a great one.
First, it is a real Hung Gar school where you can learn the 4 basic sets of the style: taming the tiger, tiger & crane, 5 animals, and iron wire set.
Moreover, they teach many weapons form (staff, spear, single broadsword, double broadsword, dragon head cane, etc..) This is like many other kung fu school so far no? :)
Then, you can go to sparring classes and tai chi classes as well.
The room where we train is old though. It is not a pretty place to train and it is a bit too small for the number of students we have there. But what is more important, the room, or the teaching?

We have two masters, two brothers that comes from southern China.

Daoman was saying it was too commercial. Well, I do not really agree with this since we are at the same price if not cheaper than many other schools in Montreal area. The school is very well located, that's a fact, everybody on the street can see inside the school.

But, is it really a problem to have a popular school? I think that as long as the content of the classes is great, there is no reason to whine.

Well, this is pretty much it. I see you are from Montreal too, what school do you go to? Please tell me about it!

Thanks

Sherkan

Sherkan
05-17-2001, 09:41 PM
Sorry, I forgot to say that we do not only practice the 4 basic sets of Hung Gar, but many other forms (lau gar kuen, drunken fist, basic techniques, breathing exercise, etc...)

:rolleyes:

old jong
05-17-2001, 09:54 PM
It's great to have a good school you can be proud of and trust! I see that you are a relatively advanced student by your profile.
I live in Montreal but I travel to Ottawa to get private lessons from my wing chun Sifu.I have been in the art for some years and I even have some students of my own to practice with.
I wish you the best. :)

C'est la vie!

Sherkan
05-20-2001, 06:48 PM
Yes, I must admit I am proud of my school, but who isn't proud of his?
;)
I guess you must be very proud of yours too since you go to Ottawa to take Wing Chun lessons. Wow, I thought there would be at least one good Wing Chun school in Montreal.
I saw a Wing Chun demonstration in Ottawa in November, was your master there? There were sifu Paul Barrington and sifu Patrick Gordon. Sifu Paul Barrington impressed me a lot. Very solid in his art.

Bonne journée!

:D