PDA

View Full Version : CLF movie on DVD

Shaolindynasty
05-24-2002, 04:03 PM
I got the CLF movie on DVD today, I guess it's a pretty rare movie so it was a good find. I got it at suncoast video store and it is part of the "Black belt theater" series. It was the greatest quality but still a good movie. Lots of real CLF

mixxalot
05-25-2002, 11:08 AM
I want to get a copy of this CLF movie as well. Could you be so kind
as to let us know what its called? Thanks!

Jimbo
05-25-2002, 09:51 PM
The movie is called "Choy Lay Fut" on the cover, though on the movie itself it's spelled differently. It stars Cliff Lok (Kam Tung) and the villain is Philip Ko (Kao Fei). It is not a bad kung fu movie, IMO, probably a little bit above average but not great. However, I try to get any movie with CLF in it.

Jim

mixxalot
05-26-2002, 02:27 AM
I think I found it. Its called Black Belt Theatre Choy Lay Fut. Picked it up on DVD today for only $9. Since I study CLF I am looking forward to checking it out. Also
in Jackie Chan's excellent Drunken Master II (Legend of Drunken Master) Jackie Chan fights a CLF guy in the beginning of the film.

Shaolindynasty
05-27-2002, 11:53 AM
Yeah that's the movie. It also has another movie on it called "tiger's claw". Choy lay Fut was a pretty average kungfu flick but like you guys said I study CLF so it's just cool to watch a movie with CLF in it.

mixxalot
05-27-2002, 07:34 PM
Man, I feel like a novice after finally watching the Choy Lay Fut movie!
Those dudes kick some serious butt! Well at least I am better than that fat dude who gets knocked on his butt by the teacher. Its weird how the subtitles are in Arabic and French. Whats up with that? I never thought that Arabs watched kung fu movies. Also is the teacher supposed to be Chan Heung the founder of Choy Lay Fut? Is the monk in the beginning of the movie supposed to be Choy Fok? I also wonder why they put the green grass monk in it since according to most sifus and grandmasters of CLF, there never was a real green grass monk who taught Jeong Yim (aka Hung Sing). Still, its incredible to see
how powerful CLF really is in combat! Maybe someday after 20 years of training I can be half as good a fighter as these dudes.